Oscillating sander suggestions
Either I or Santa Claus is going to add one to my tool collection.  Brand suggestions please!
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
belt or drum?

+17 characters
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
inexpensive all around choice....the Ridgid.  its a little small but works good for its size.

next step up the Jet benchtop OSS jbos-5.  Its a little tall for being called a benchtop.  but is pretty heavy duty.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(11-05-2019, 10:40 AM)stoppy Wrote: Either I or Santa Claus is going to add one to my tool collection.  Brand suggestions please!

I have and using the Grizzly table top model for over 6 years, always do what I need it to do.
(11-05-2019, 10:50 AM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: belt or drum?

+17 characters

Looking at drum.
Jim

There is a good chance
bought my Triton from a member here about three years ago. I love it. Dust collection on it is near perfect when attached to my shop vac.

I only wish the table were a bit bigger but I'm contemplating building a stand with an auxiliary table that it'll sit into.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Bench top or floor model?

I finally upgraded my old Craftsman to a Shop Fox model W1686. Sturdy, 1/4" to 4" spindles, 1hp motor, and a 25 1/4" x 25 1/4" top that tilts 45 deg front & ~20 deg back. The dust collection wasn't that great, but I modified it a bit to bring it up to acceptable standards.

Found a helluva deal for it on Ebay...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Still looking, November issue of WOOD magazine rates the Rigid EB4424 combo belt/spindle model  as its best tool value and the Rikon 50-300 as its top tool.  Anyone here have insight on either model?
Jim

There is a good chance
I saw recently that a company makes a portable one like the former "porter cable" unit. If you install it in a table you can have a two in one. I have the p c and a benchtop (Jet), and the portable unit is pretty handy for large items.
(11-16-2019, 08:05 PM)stoppy Wrote: Still looking, November issue of WOOD magazine rates the Rigid EB4424 combo belt/spindle model  as its best tool value and the Rikon 50-300 as its top tool.  Anyone here have insight on either model?

A number of people here have the Ridgid, including me.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark