Construction Adhesive

I'll putting down underlayment in a room. How much adhesive per 4 X 8 should I use? Sub floor is in great condition and level
  Re: Construction Adhesive by Halfathumb (I'll putting down un...)
0 I've always been told to staple the underlayment ever 6".
No adhesive recommended for underlayment. You will thank me later. Install as cndamm suggested would be best.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(11-05-2019, 12:33 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'll putting down underlayment in a room. How much adhesive per 4 X 8 should I use? Sub floor is in great condition and level

Subfloor adhesive is for subfloor sheathing not for underlayment . As posted the underlayment is either nailed down with hand nails made specifically for this or pneumatic staple guns using 1/4" x 1" staples on 6" centers both on seams and the field.
You want to be able to remove old flooring with underlayment in the distant future, hence no adhesive.
mike
I use rosin paper or 15 pound felt between the 2 layers helps with squeaking
I use ring-shank nails. Lots of them, spaced every 6 to 8 inches. No glue. Never done staples but I know it's an acceptable method.

Just about every component of a home should be installed with the understanding it may eventually need to be removed without too much damage to the home.

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections
On the other hand.... what are you installing over the underlayment?

... Kizar Sozay

Re: RE: Construction Adhesive by Snipe Hunter (On the other hand......)
(11-06-2019, 08:47 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: On the other hand.... what are you installing over the underlayment?

Peel & Stick vinyl squares
  Re: RE: Construction Adhesive by Snipe Hunter (I use ring-shank nai...)
(11-06-2019, 08:35 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I use shank nails. Lots of them, spaced every 6 to 8 inches. No glue. Never done staples but I know it's an acceptable method.

Just about every component of a home should be installed with the understanding it may eventually need to be removed without too much damage to the home.

Having taken up a layer of underlayment that I meticulously installed decades ago with ring shanked nails on a 6" grid...I might suggest not using construction adhesive...any more difficult to remove than that might involve incendiary assistance...
  Re: RE: Construction Adhesive by Halfathumb ([quote='Snipe Hunter...)
(11-06-2019, 11:19 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Peel & Stick vinyl squares

Nail it down. Don't forget to use a latex primer on your underlayment. It's cheap and goes on easy and will greatly aid with adhesion.

... Kizar Sozay