Lee Valley Online.
(11-07-2019, 09:17 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: You didn't get an email purchase confirmation as in the old days? If so, this is another area they must be already working on.
I did not see a notice on the closing sales page. However, shortly after there was confirmation in my email. I just like to see the text/notice. I actually copy-and-pasted to Word the final page before going back to "continue shopping"
Crazy ..... 

When I don't see an email confirmation, there is always a copy made or printed to pdf. Certain outfits are pretty loose about outside records, and I am notorious for losing track of where I bought stuff and or passwords.
Last time I even LOOKED through their paper catalogs...was when I bought a 3/8" tapered plug cutter, and the MK1  sharpening guide.....back when the catalog came in two "books"....haven't looked since. 
Rolleyes

Now, 20bf of quarter sawn Ash, @ $0.80/bf.....I'll be there to load up my van....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(11-09-2019, 11:59 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Last time I even LOOKED through their paper catalogs...was when I bought a 3/8" tapered plug cutter, and the MK1  sharpening guide.....back when the catalog came in two "books"....haven't looked since. 
Rolleyes

You might want to look . . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-09-2019, 03:03 PM)Admiral Wrote: You might want to look . . . . .
haven't found the need to....
No
(11-09-2019, 03:57 PM)bandit571 Wrote: haven't found the need to....
No

Need? I see many more refurbished tools in your shop than you really need.
Winkgrin

Looking around at Lee Valley web site could eventually be "harmful" to one's pocket though.
Laugh

Simon
(11-09-2019, 04:08 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Need? I see many more refurbished tools in your shop than you really need.
Winkgrin

Looking around at Lee Valley web site could eventually be "harmful" to one's pocket though.
Laugh

Simon

About the ONLY "Veritas" toy still in the shop...got put to work, today....in a Harbor Freight drill press..

Had to set it at the slowest speed, to keep the bit from burning the Walnut....

3/8" Tapered plug cutter.   Bought it right after they came out...
I like the new site, but I think the selection options need to be refined a little.  Just randomly chose to go look at dust collection, and the least number of pages I could get to look at was 8.  I ain't clicking through 8 pages.  But when I searched for plane blades, I got 96 pages that included a festool circular saw.  Heh.
https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...Lee+Valley
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-10-2019, 10:26 AM)EricU Wrote: I like the new site, but I think the selection options need to be refined a little.  Just randomly chose to go look at dust collection, and the least number of pages I could get to look at was 8.  I ain't clicking through 8 pages.  But when I searched for plane blades, I got 96 pages that included a festool circular saw.  Heh.

Yes, their new site looks ok, but it is useless for narrowing down a search.  I work in Marketing and have worked on design and usability of taxonomy and faceted searches on web sites.  There is a problem when there are multiple options to narrow down the search, but 80% or more of the products are in a single option.  
Confused
Confused
Confused

A year or so ago, I sent a nice email to their CS, and offered this as a suggestion, all I got was a patronizing answer about how "it is a work in progress, with some bugs".   Sorry, but I'm not going to spend 20 minutes on 8 pages to find a replacement plane blade I can find on other sites in 30 seconds. 

They clearly don't care about people actually navigating the site to buy stuff, the only thing I can think of is they expect people to look through the paper catalog, write down the product ID, and then enter it in the search bar. 

Needless to say, I've not purchased anything from their new site.  But I'm not exactly a high roller, but probably was good for a couple hundred annually.
My take is this -- it's not that they don't care about their customers but that they have a restrictive platform that they have yet to find a way out or around.

One problem is their default setting which limits results to 12 per page instead of 100.

Simon