Knife block build (pic heavy)
Outstanding job!  I love it!
Very well thought out, and nice options for storage. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Thanks for the nice words, all.

For a finish, I used two coats of Arm-R-Seal after sanding to 1000 (320 on the end grain). Each coat was applied amply and allowed to soak in for a few minutes (longer on the first coat), then wiped clean. This provides a nice "in the wood" finish that I'm fond of and feels smooth to the touch. I realize that it's not a thick layer of finish and thus not tons of protection, but similar finishing approaches have served me well on other projects that don't see tons of abuse.

Tyler
Whoa.

Now I've added to my growing list of things to build.
Semper fi,
Brad

Interesting design, and looks really good. I like the magnetic sides (though I will not be incorporating that into the knife block I've been building recently, as I don't trust my 5 and 7 year olds to be able to get a knife off without angling up/down and hitting one next to it).

Do you have a couple of nakiris in that collection? I've got one. Love it, but dang are those delicate blades. Do an amazing job with most vegetables though.
Smile

Really nice work here. Love when highly figured crotch wood gets used well as you do here. Bravo!
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Sweet. I really like it. Nice job
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Beautiful!! That thing holds a lot of knives in a small space.
Great work, beautiful piece.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
msweig Wrote:Do you have a couple of nakiris in that collection? I've got one. Love it, but dang are those delicate blades. Do an amazing job with most vegetables though. Smile
Yup! One stainless and one carbon steel. I agree that they're wonderful for cutting veggies. There's also a bunka (looks like the nakiris but with a point on it) that we love. Similar, but the tip gives extra flexibility in what you can use it for.

pam howard Wrote:Beautiful!! That thing holds a lot of knives in a small space.
That was one of my goals (without making it awkward to grab one). I can fit roughly 30 knives in/on the block, of course depending on their size.

Tyler