Usefull Chuck ?
Got this 4 jaw Chuck with some other parts.
Just wondering how usefull it would be, being as jaws are independent?
I would need to buy an adapter from 5/8" sound (10er Shopsmith) to 3/4 x 16 you.
Thanks for any help in deciding to keep it or not. Sorry about pic size. Can't figure that one out!

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Since its a metal chuck, its designed for precision, but that means fiddling with each jaw till the work is absolutely centered. Not sure I would want to be bothered with doing that each time I put a piece of wood in it. Also the jaw faces look to be flat, most wood chucks are dovetailed or have a serration of some sort to grip the wood. And you still need to buy and adapter to make it work. I wouldnt want to waste time with it but YMMV.
I have a chuck like that.
I was intending to experiment with possibly mounting some stuff off center, never got around to it.
I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth $20-30 to get an adapter to try it out.
If you do something with it, post about it
Smile
I have one just like it and I would say spray it down with WD 40 and let it soak and clean it up.  I have not used mine for 8 months or so but I do like it for detail stuff.

Just watch your knuckles since it will hit them hard and waking you up really fast and wanting to cuss your carelessness.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.