Filter advice for shop-built air scrubber?
It's gonna hang from the ceiling. Getting it up there is gonna pose a challenge!
Semper fi,
Brad

Make sure you check the blower motor’s current draw and compare that to the nameplate rated current.  Most furnace blower motors are sized based on some restriction, and running them with essentially no restriction can severely overload them.  

A belt driven blower I salvaged from my old A/C system long ago ran at about twice the motor’s rated current when I fired it up on the garage floor.  It wouldn’t have lasted very long at that rate, so when I put it to work in my air cleaner/portable planer stand, I dropped the blower speed by changing the sheaves.  

I could have accomplished the same thing by restricting the air flow, either in or out, but it was easier to just slow it down.

Just be aware of that so you don’t fry the motor after all that work.  
Sad
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
This will have two more filters installed. Once assembled, I'll test its draw when running on high. If it's drawing too much I'll close off one of the openings to restrict flow.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Semper fi,
Brad

Carcass is done. Waiting on a rasp so I can refine the exhaust hole to fit the blower. Need to fabricate thingamajigs to secure the filters in place. I'll start wiring later this week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Beats the heck out of my two little squirrel cages.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Brad

Us a anti static one on the outside and a fine double filter in the inside.  The first one you can wash out a lot for a long time and the inside every 6 months or so.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Construction is done. Next is to hang and wire it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

The hangers I threw together:

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Wink

Lifting it, inch by inch, side by side, to over the entry door.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

I thought maybe you'd have a party for your old battalion and get some of them to help!
Laugh  File away for future reference, an inexpensive deer hoist can help a lot with stuff like that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.