marble window sill
I used to nitpick about dadoes.  Dadoes originally were grooves going cross grain on lumber.  All other grooves were called "grooves". 

Nowadays they are all dadoes even on plywood or particle board. 

"Stool" sounds too much like my doctor discussing bowel movements.  I will stick with "sill".

Now that that's cleared up...
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
PL Premium to attach it and seal the the edges like you would with anything else.  If you ever need to remove it later a multi tool will get it out without breaking it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Each of the many construction adhesive companies manufacture a version for stone.  I have granite on the sills in my master bath.  Make sure you use spray foam insulation under the wind to isolate the marble as much as possible from air leaks that will create a cold surface.  Make sure you tilt the stool slightly inward to allow water to drain.
(11-11-2019, 08:25 PM)aquaticjim Wrote: Each of the many construction adhesive companies manufacture a version for stone.  I have granite on the sills in my master bath.  Make sure you use spray foam insulation under the wind to isolate the marble as much as possible from air leaks that will create a cold surface.  Make sure you tilt the stool slightly inward to allow water to drain.

Good advice.  Thanks.

I think I have what I need at this point.

Thanks everyone.

Cooler
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Since you are tiling the rest of the shower/bathtub area, just treat the window like its* a niche (including waterproofing).

The sill/stool would be thinset down over your water-proofing layer - Redguard, Kerdi, whatever.

You know to pick a marble-appropriate thinset I hope. The wrong adhesive, including the wrong thinset, can stain marble.

Tilt the sill/stool to drain water away from the window.

* see what I did there? :-)

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
(11-11-2019, 08:48 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I would screw cement backer board to the framing around the window and then thinset the marble to that.  Depending on how far the marble extends out from the wall you may need corbels or brackets attached to the wall to support it.

^^^^^^ This.

Doug