Vintage B&D Quicksaw help
I suppose you've searched Ebay already
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-12-2019, 08:30 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Thanks for your efforts Mike...I may put a feeler over at OWWM (mostly shop equipment, but one never knows). I use Dynamic for sharpening, but might give Ridge a shot as they are much closer.
I have a pipe reamer, so might give it a shot on an old throwaway blade to see if it's possible. I am hoping/thinking the flattened sides of the arbor drive are not a deal breaker, and that a true round arbor will work satisfactorily

Anyone know if any shops will/can braze carbide tips on a standard steel blade?

Brian

Brian, do not try to re-bore the hole. Send the blade to Your saw sharpening shop or a machine shop. If the bore is not perfect the blade is scrap. You are correct that the flattened sides are of no consequence. 
You are better off with a carbide blade that is bored 1-3/8" than getting the old blade tipped with carbide. If it can be done the cost may be more than several new blades with the re- bore.
I just checked Forest Blade website, they list a cost of $6.50 to re-bore a blade other than new. Sounds like the way to go. You could buy several blades of your choice from any manufacturer , send it to Forest and have them re-bored.
mike
Thank you Mike...your efforts and sentiments are much appreciated
Brian
I had a similar situation for an old DeWalt saw. Took a 9" blade with a 1 3/8" (if memory serves) D shaped arbor. Bought a new blade and took it up to my local machine shop along with the securing washer (with the D shape) and for the price of a dozen donuts they machined out a perfectly fitting hole. Someone stole the saw so can't show you the results but it was perfect. Don't know how they did but it was beautiful. Paint wasn't even darkened.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.