HANDTOOLS: Chisels, Saws & Sets, Marking/Measuring, Starrett, B&S
Ok, its been a while. I've been haunting the flea markets and estate sales and have a few very worthy tools to offer up. This is the first of a few sale posts, stay tuned for Braces, bits and eggbeaters, as well as planes.

Many pictures can be seen at a Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...1756570797[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72157711756570797][/url]
All prices quoted are plus shipping at actual cost, no markup. I don't have paypal, see info at the end of the post.

So, in order in which the pics appear, here's the stuff....

Chisels: from left to right... Blue Chip Marples from Sheffield UK, not the chinese Irwin stuff you find nowadays, 1/4, 3/4 and 1", great shape, no apologies, normal wear. Sold as a set for $35, can't beat that with a stick. SOLD

Next grouping of chisels are all vintage, a 1" that I couldn't find a mark on, a 7/8 Keen Kutter, a 1/2 Buck Bros marked cast steel; a 3/8 marked Bentleys Cast Steel, an unmarked 1/4 and 1/8 Issac Graves Cast Steel; take your pick for $10 each, if you are quick on the draw and beat out those who take onesies and twosies, you can have them all for $50; again, great value here in a variety of sizes.

The last two long ones good for paring are a Pexto 1/4, and a Witherby 3/4; $18 each, and if you're quick, take the pair for $30.SOLD

inally, to go with the chisels, here's a Green Tweed No1 (one pound head) iron and rawhide mallet, very little use, almost new and in great condition. Great for striking chisels. I don't see these very often, yours for $25.SOLD

Teaser pic of all the chisels and mallet:
[Image: 49056176668_8948421efc_b.jpg]

Now for the saws. Here's a match pair of Disston D-23s, 8pt crosscut, 5 1/2 pt rip; handles on both are solid with no chips, plates in great shape and polished smooth and each has been sharpened by me. Medallions date them to the late 40's, early 50's, Philadelphia manufacture. Straight and ready to be put to wood. $75 each, and again, if you're quick, take them both for $140. Two very nice saws. BOTH SOLD

We now have a '96-1917 Disston 8", two nut, 15pt backsaw, handle shows minimum wear given its age, zero chips and solid handle, actually, an exceptional handle with no apologies at all; plate straight and in good shape, great joinery saw. I did not sharpen this saw, and it will need a touch up. No real apologies for this century old saw which still has a lifetime of use left in it. Yours for $45, a really nice joinery saw, truly vintage from Disston's golden period. SOLD

Wrapping up the saw category are two quality saw sets. On the left is one of the better all around saw sets, a Millers Falls #214; I buy all of these that I find, and this one is in particularly nice condition; solid set that will give excellent service; yours for $35. SOLD On the right is a Stanley #42, the workhorse of saw sets, because I sharpen saws, I have one of both, and both are recommended highly. Take the #42 for $25.

Teaser pic of saws and sets:
[Image: 49056176473_9941c3423e_b.jpg]

[Image: 49056175908_1f9c2e8629_b.jpg]

Now for the marking and measuring category. I have a number of quality dividers, from left to right in the pic..... a Brown & Sharpe solid leg #800 4" size SOLD; a Starrett 6" hermaphrodite divider SOLD, with fine adjustment mechanism; a Starrett 6" divider SOLD; a Union Tool 6" divider SOLD, a Millers Falls 6"SOLD and another Union Tool 8" divider. All quality makers, take your pick for $15 each. Great for layout, especially dovetails, and the hermaphrodite is good for scribing both straight and curved edge work. You can always need a few more dividers, and at this price you get quality vintage stuff.

Also, here's a Stanley #18 bevel; one of Stanley's better designs, this one is in great condition, yours for $25 (and if you buy 3 or more dividers, its $20).

Teaser pic of the dividers and bevel

[Image: 49056687786_1541588836_b.jpg]

Last but certainly not least are some squares. All these squares have been checked against my reference Starrett machinists square and they measure up. First up top is a Starrett 24" scale, satin finish with hardened Bates head and centering head. New, a Starrett 24" scale without heads goes for $120. Apology is that they guy drilled a hang hole in one end, but did a good job without screwing it up. Markings remain clear, again with a satin finish. These don't come up often, yours for the value price of $80; again, google away and price 'em new with heads, north of $300, just sayin...SOLD QUICKLY

Below, from left to right, first a Bates, excellent maker, 9" combination square with hardened head and scale. Great intermediate size, very handy for layout. Yours for $35.

On the right is a very, very crispy, vintage (my guess is late 50's when Sears still gave a darn about quality) Craftsman-branded combination square with 3 heads, including centering head and protractor head. Craftsman likely sourced this from Brown & Sharp from the looks of it, but in any event its in excellent condition and reeks of quality. Again, it checks out against my reference square. Price comparable tools and you'll see that $80 is a true bargain. This one will go very quickly, along with the 24" square, so pull the trigger if you've got an itch for it. SOLD

Teaser pic of the squares

[Image: 49056905012_b91f1539da_b.jpg]

Now, I don't have paypal or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just dandy. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your shipping address so I can quote shipping and print up mailing labels, or we end up trading PMs for this info.
As always, quality tools that I would own, priced reasonably so they get put back to use. Keep an eye out for my "Boring" tool post with drills, braces and bits, and one with some bench and block planes.
Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent on the Pexto, Witherby Chisels and the Mallet
Eric
Things went like hotcakes; I've marked in the post text where things are sold.  Thanks for looking.
I've marked the items sold in bold caps, the rest remains available.
b&s 4" divider is sold
Bump for some worthy tools that are left......
#18 bevel is sold.