Use for a plank?
Still have one plank to take to the shop, and a few Leftovers.    Leftovers are a pair of 1 x 4 Ash.   The plank is also Ash...4/4 x 6" x 8-1/2'..

Have a small project coming through the shop next week...with a week to get it done and shipped on it's way....after that?

Thinking maybe a table?  with maybe a 15" x 15" square-ish top...?  There is enough leftovers for one long apron, and a short one.   Would need to rip enough stock for the other 2 aprons, and 4 legs.   Secondary wood can be either Poplar, or Pine.   May include a drawer? 

Need to lay out a few cuts, and see IF it can be done....
Confused 

Anyone interested?

Style would be Shaker....might be fun?
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(11-14-2019, 08:24 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Anyone interested?

Style would be Shaker....might be fun?
Cool

Absolutely! 

I have a photo image saved from a tiny table using Ash. It had a gorgeous stain that prompted me to run down to Crosscut and buy an ungodly 10-foot chunk for a table. The only figured one I found. Made the first scratch on my Prius interior. Keep in mind, I-5 at pm commute is a freak show, and 50 pounds of wood is a primed torpedo ready to launch through the windshield.
Hey Bandit

I am interested in all of your build-alongs.  To me it does not matter what you are building.. I learn something on each that you have posted!

Thanks

Brian
Definitely interested.  I really like your no-nonsense approach and amazing progress on each build.  I particularly enjoy your "don't need the latest gee-gaw to do good work".

Frank S in IA
I'd like to see what you come up with.
Right now, I am waiting on the Cardio Doctor to take a look at  me.....spent half of last weekend in the Cardio Floor....BP was 210/107,
Eek and then went up...took almost a day to bring it down to "normal"....I see the Cardio Doctor this coming Wednesday, and see what he wants to do...until then, I sit around and rest up at home. 
No

Will keep you all posted as updates occur..
Cool
(11-18-2019, 03:32 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Right now, I am waiting on the Cardio Doctor to take a look at  me.....spent half of last weekend in the Cardio Floor....BP was 210/107,
Eek and then went up...took almost a day to bring it down to "normal"....I see the Cardio Doctor this coming Wednesday, and see what he wants to do...until then, I sit around and rest up at home. 
No

Will keep you all posted as updates occur..
Cool

YIKES!  210/107 and rising ...  Hope you are feeling better real soon!  <and be sure to rest-up and follow your Dr's orders 
Smile >
We can wait on your next build. Take care of your heart.
Second episode Monday...another overnight stay....new meds.    Cardio Doctor visit yesterday....have a Heart Cath scheduled for the 1st week of December....outpatient thing.   Until then, no real restrictions.....afterwards have to let the plug in the leg heal before anything like shoptime can go on...so...

Plane right now...do one task in the shop, maybe one hour time limit....Do things as easy as I can.....no 4 hour hand plane marathons.   I did haul that plank to the shop.

Was just too long to just stash it in a corner....Used a SHARP handsaw...
Cool

My newly sharpened Disston D-8, 11ppi, 26" long cross cut saw
Cool ...Mark out 3 blanks, 18" long, and made 3 cross cuts.   One edge on the plank is a bit wavy, the other almost straight....not going to run a big jointer plane right now..so...
Rolleyes 

Had to reset the fence a few times....got both edges as straight as I could, and clamped all 3 blanks together...

Bench is 5' long....have almost that left in the plank.   Edge grain view? 

Almost looks like Quarter-sawn Ash?   Face grain?

Blanks are just over 4/4" thick....need them down to 3/4".....may  use the tablesaw again, to do some of the resaw work, then finish the cuts with...
Rolleyes 

Either the bandsaw, or, maybe that handsaw?  
Confused  Found two scraps from the DVD Cabinet build..
Cool  

Might be almost enough for some of the aprons?    3/4 x 4".    

Resaw work might get done later today.....one task a day...
Stay tuned..
OK, had to work a bit of Overtime.
Rolleyes    3pm to 4:15 pm.....but....task for the day was to change 3 boards from 4/4 down to 3/4" thickness...

Resaw by handsaw?  Not right now....resaw with the tablesaw?   Meh..
Rolleyes

Saw blade up as high as it could reach....7/8" between the blade and the fence....

Problem being the boards are 5-1/2 wide....blade can only reach 1/3 of that...tried the bandsaw, with a brand new blade...
Confused  

Largest blade the saw can use is a 1/2"....this one is 1/4", 6tpi....meh, blade bowed in the cut....meaning I needed to plane the board flat..
Uhoh 

Looks good?  After 10 minutes of scrub plane to remove the high middle down to flat, and plane it smooth...was still 1/8 too thick..
Upset  Got to be a better way?

Well, reset the saw and fence...fence so I cut the non raised middle 3rd out.....then reset again, fence to 3/4" between it and the blade, blade again all the way up...
Buzz all 9 strips through, to get them all the same 3/4" thickness.....not worried about width....then clamped the stack up, for the day...
Cool

Quitting time!   Plan for Friday....sort this stack out, flat, until a decent looking grain pattern shows up, fine tune the glue joints a bit...then glue this up into a panel for the top of the table....might be a little cussing involved?    Seems to help out, some days
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin