HANDTOOLS: Block and Bench Planes #3 through #8
Two classes of planes here, the first group I have cleaned, adjusted, sharpened and are ready for wood. I've also included some 'Barn Fresh' planes, which are as found by me.

I don't have paypal so payment by USPS money order please. All prices are plus shipping so include your name and shipping address so I can quote shipping and print up mailing labels.

Plenty of pics can be seen here at a Flickr album; descriptions below are (or should be unless I f---up) in order of the pics in the album here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...1824151693

All the following planes (until we get to the "Barn Fresh" planes below), have been disassembled, cleaned, inspected and have had their irons squared off, and sharpened on my Tormek to hair shaving sharpness. Additional honing will only improve performance.

So, let's start off with a scraper and block planes......
First is a Stanley #80 scraper, Sweetheart vintage, short blade but it has life. If you've not used a scraper, you're missing out, and you will swear off sandpaper forever. Great user tool, $25.  Teaser pic; SOLD

[Image: 49080174818_f6c9cab332_b.jpg]

Next is a really neat Stanley 103 block plane; the original "apron" plane, with a very nice fine tuning iron advance mechanism; most of these have buggered up advance mechanisms, this one works as it should. Great plane and will make a good user. $25 . Teaser pic:
[Image: 49080175993_2fa0cffe3a_b.jpg]

Next is a Stanley #9 1/4 block plane, 99% + original japanning, all original , plenty of iron. Great block plane priced right. $25
  Teaser pic:
[Image: 49080903147_50ef30f392_b.jpg]

Here is a Millers Falls #56 low angle block plane. Zero apologies, very nice condition, 97%++ japanning, plenty of iron, good maker and will make an excellent user. Yours for $35, again, low angle. is a real bargain; SOLD

[Image: 49080702101_7a086374ea_b.jpg]

Next a pre-war type 16 Stanley #3; iron has stamped "241" meaning it was made in the second fiscal quarter of 1941; rosewood is excellent, 98% japanning, almost full iron, will be a great user; apology reflected in price, in the corner of the mouth there is a crack, likely been there for 60 or more years, will not affect use, hence, yours for $35. You won't regret this purchase.  SOLD

[Image: 49080902542_5889812691_b.jpg]

Next is a Zero apology, English Stanley #4; 100% everything, circa late 80's, nothing bad to say, close to pristine condition, if I had the box it would be new old stock. Sorry, I'm gushing, but after Stanley stopped US production they still paid attention to quality in the UK, and this is the result. Great plane for someone. Yours for $55.  SOLD

[Image: 49080914252_b8de8ae3d2_b.jpg]

Now we have a prewar T16 Stanley #5C, corregated sole, some nickle loss on the lever cap, otherwise, no apologies, metal good, mouth good, rosewood solid and complete tote and knob; iron dated 136, first quarter of 1936, so its dated to that time; plenty of iron, great user. $50 . SOLD

[Image: 49080915542_c84d786736_b.jpg]

Next is a Stanley #4 wartime T17, an early version of this type as it still has the rosewood tote drilled for the steel rod, and the frog adjustment; all original, wood excellent ,sole and mouth good, plenty of iron, will do yeoman's work for the buyer. $45.  SOLD

[Image: 49080188698_f108d072e9_b.jpg]

The last of the tuned and sharpened planes is a wartime T17 Stanley #6, short jointer/panel plane. All original and 99% japanning, excellent condition, wood solid, zero apologies. This is a really nice plane; iron marked "441" so fourth quarter of 1941, and plenty of iron is left, enough for your lifetime, and then some. You don't see these in this condition often (but I have another one!) . Yours for $75.  SOLD

[Image: 49080914662_2d611711a1_b.jpg]

Now, the following planes are what I call "Barn Fresh" and are as found by me; so as opposed to those above, I've not sharpened, cleaned nor tuned these planes. Priced accordingly....

First barn fresh is a Millers Falls #14 (Stanley #5 size jack), some japanning loss, metal solid, wood good, will clean up very nicely. MF made planes as good as Stanley, often overlooked. Yours for $35.  SOLD
[Image: 49080714071_7a0a5669c5_b.jpg]

Nest is a Stanley 7C, corregated; type 4 or 5, metal solid, apology is chip on the horn of the tote, this will clean up well to be a good user for someone. Yours for $75

[Image: 49080924097_928be4d079_b.jpg]

Next is a Type 5 Stanley #8, yes, the often sought #8. Barn fresh, the first type with the lateral adjustment lever, metal good, knob solid and tote is chipped, japanning 80% +/-, yours for $115.  SOLD

[Image: 49080923557_c53221c9d3_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a barn fresh #7, Type 9-10, 70% japanning; metal is good, mechanically is good, wood good; surface rust with no pitting to speak of and it will make a good user. $80 . SOLD

[Image: 49080196353_285356f885_b.jpg]

First PM (not chat, I can't track those and have to keep things straight) with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority. Please include your name and shipping address so I can quote shipping and print mailing labels.

Again, I don't have paypal so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just fine.

Quality tools that I would own (if I didn't already have one, or more, of each) priced reasonably for users.
Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
#3, the English #4, the smooth bottom barn fresh #7, and the #8 are sold.
Ok, lets try and close out this thread.

The barn fresh #7c now $70 plus shipping.

If you take both the #103 and #9 1/4, the total is $48 shipped to the USA.

Can't beat either deal with a stick. Thanks for looking.