Shop heat
I don't leave the heat on in the shop. I get it comfy enough for a long sleeve shirt. When I glue segmented pieces do I need to take them inside to cure. I take my glue and finishes back and forth. Does the glue cure in the cold?
(11-19-2019, 12:55 PM)gear jammer Wrote: I don't leave the heat on in the shop. I get it comfy enough for a long sleeve shirt. When I glue segmented pieces do I need to take them inside to cure. I take my glue and finishes back and forth. Does the glue cure in the cold?
Like it says on the bottle, best at XXX.  Too cool and the polymerization may not be the best.  Which you will find out later, when you load the joint.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Agree with Michael. Segmented pieces take a lot of work. Be a shame to jeopardize it unnecessarily.
I'll pile on and agree with the others. Having you bowl start to fly apart while turning would not be my idea of fun.

When I'm gluing or finishing in the winter, I leave the shop heat on, but set to ~65F. Cool enough so it won't run all the time, but warm enough so the glue and finish will dry properly.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Since finishes, glues, and my fingers don't like the cold very well, I leave my shop at 50 degrees when I'm not using it then turn it up to 70 half an hour before I start work. I turn it back down when I leave but it takes a while to cool down so I don't think my glue joints are at risk.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.