Diamond Plate
Wood not metal. Walnut and Maple. 10" diameter 1/4" thick. 224 pieces. Comments and critiques welcome

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow! That really pops. I’m impressed.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Absolutely beautiful!  Do you have any in progress photos?  The finish really stands out - what did you use?

Lonnie
No in progress pictures, but I do have a few starter pieces I will post as soon as I can. Will give you an idea of how I did it. Finish is 4 coats of shellac and 5 coats of spray rattle can gloss lacquer.
Mr Eddie. This is how I did the plate except you will see that in this piece some of the diamonds are bigger. I will round this out and slice it in half and inlay it into the bottom of a bowl. The plate is really an easy piece to do. The important thing to do is make sure your pieces are all exactly the same width. I cut them and then run them thru my thickness sander. The first star is a rub joint then held in place with rubber bands. After that is dry I can keep adding as many rows as I want. Make sure you do not have any glue squeze out at the short points or your next row will not go in all the way I just put as many rubber bands as I need to pull the rows tight. After the initial star the rest are all self alligning so it is a really easy glue up

Attached Files Image(s)