Vacuum bag supplies
Where is a good place to find vacuum bags, breather mesh, and other vacuum accessories without breaking the bank? My local Woodcraft doesn’t carry any of that stuff...
Veneer Supplies
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(11-22-2019, 02:31 PM)SteveS Wrote: Veneer Supplies

+1
They nailed it, above!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-22-2019, 01:30 PM)gtrboy77 Wrote: Where is a good place to find vacuum bags, breather mesh, and other vacuum accessories without breaking the bank?  My local Woodcraft doesn’t carry any of that stuff...

If you want to be frugal, make your own bags.  Sheet vinyl works fine.  I buy 20 mil clear vinyl from my local boat cover fabricator.  You can glue it with regular PVC pipe cement, or buy the special stuff from Joe Woodworker.  I'm still using the first bag I made, more than 20 years later; might have patched 2 leaks in all that time and 100+ glue ups.  You can buy bag penetrations from him, too.  I just roll the open end around a long stick and clamp another against it for a seal.  Works fine.   

For breather mesh, heavy gage plastic window screen workers great, better than the breather mesh JW sells, IMO, because it's not as stiff. I buy it at HD and cut it to whatever size I need.   

John
Make sure you check out Joe's other website -

www.JoeWoodworker.com

Lonnie
I also have used clear marine vinyl.
Taped it down to a pool table slate, with work underneath.
Used a bolt in valve stem for vac pump hose.
No regulator. Just let the vac pump run.
Simple.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(11-22-2019, 02:31 PM)SteveS Wrote: Veneer Supplies

Sign up for there e-mails as they sometimes have there bags on sale over the Hoildays.
Veneer supplies is a great source, and depending on the bag size, Roarockit is another source.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.