Braces, 4" slick, ZCI, and other
A few items for sale here. There are also a few free items (just pay shipping). Priority on free items to people purchasing another item.

First PM that says "I'll take it" gets it. Check or PayPal (buyer covers fees). Shipping is from 22153 (northern Virginia).

1. Stanley/Bell System 2101A 10" brace. Great brace, just a duplicate for me. I've opened this up, cleaned out the old, gummed up grease, and re-lubricated it. Ratcheting mechanism works smoothly. $35 + shipping.

2. Miller Falls 772 10" brace with a Lion chuck. Essentially the same description as above. $35 + shipping.

3. 4" slick/chisel with a socket. Ok, it's actually 3-7/8" wide. About 13" long. "Mallet Cast Steel" is stamped on the top (see picture). The cutting edge is currently dull and has a couple chips that will need to be sharpened out (see picture). Based on my file skating along the cutting edge, it is indeed hardened and there appears to be a faint line (about 1.5" from the edge) where the hardened steel for the edge is welded to a softer steel for the body (I assume), similar to old hand plane blades. Still plenty of life. It looks like someone hit the socket end with a hammer a few times, so that will need to be cleaned up, but it's not horrible. Reasonable pricing on these is really hard to figure out and seems to go up exponentially with the width of the slick. How about $90 + shipping. Let me know if I'm way out of line. I tried to be reasonable based on the info that I could find.

4. Leecraft phenolic zero clearance insert, model DL-2. 3-3/4" x 12-1/2". Fits Delta 10" direct drive (#34-670, #34-740 (Super-10), #36-380 (XL-10), and #36-600) as well as Jet #JSL-10TS Shopline. $8 + shipping.

(continued in next post)

Attached Files Image(s)

5. PENDING Starrett #370 tempered ruler. NOTE: This is made for measuring items that will shrink, so the dimensions on it are for the pre-shrunk size, not standard inch dimensions. $Free + shipping

6. PENDING Miller Falls 61A push drill. Operates smoothly. $5 + shipping.

7. SOLD Speed squares. $Free + shipping

Attached Files Image(s)

That looks like one huge Slick.  I am just wondering if someone had it made just for them from a black smith?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman Wrote:That looks like one huge Slick. I am just wondering if someone had it made just for them from a black smith?

iclark found some info related to the slick suggesting that it was made by James Mallet in Maine between 1856 and 1871. There is a museum up there (Davistown Museum) that has a mast shave (similar to a drawknife) with a very similar stamp to this slick. It was likely used for boat building.

Tyler
PM sent on Squares
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Prices reduced.

Tyler