A fun little project
My daughter was married 10 years ago this month. We served a Côte du Rhône red wine at the reception. I saved a couple of bottles and one of the wine cases. They have lived in my basement all these years. I've been eyeing the case for a while and I decided to do something with it for their anniversary this week. Here is the result:

[Image: 49121638118_8f4152d922_c.jpg]CC6C2046-2888-4AC1-A2E9-E9BA293354D6 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

[Image: 49122315942_17b2e29688_c.jpg]F4D6FE5A-97D7-4815-A9BB-75CAAAABFC76 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

[Image: 49122134446_7973ae78c0_c.jpg]C175EEA4-FF1C-4079-B946-3D3368065099 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

Hope she likes it.
Thats really nice, I like that.  Simple is always better.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Very cool.  I bet that will be very well received.  

John
Very thoughtful and well thought-out!

Doug
Nice. I would only add automatic electronic latching and automatic electronic remote opening/closing of the cabinet.  
Big Grin Add those two features and it would be perfect.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Nice work, Hank!

Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
That will be a treasured possession, well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Gorgeous work!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice work Hank.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I like it, and not just the beautiful woodworking!