Flex 9 Gallon HEPA Vacuum On Sale $249
The flex vacuum is on sales for $249.99.
Acmetools was only going down to 299.99 for black friday.

https://www.tylertool.com/flex-444251-vc...44251.html
(11-25-2019, 09:57 AM)dog2bert Wrote: The flex vacuum is on sales for $249.99.

Does anyone know anything about the noise level of this vacuum, I can't find anything on the web.  Thanks -Howard
(11-25-2019, 10:56 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: Does anyone know anything about the noise level of this vacuum, I can't find anything on the web.  Thanks -Howard

There was a thread/review about the vac on the Felder forum:  https://groups.io/g/felderownersgroup/to...0633#99053

I'm not sure if non members can view the links so I copied the review portion of it for your reading:

Okay got the Flex Vac yesterday. First, the pic on CPO is incorrect and shows M class model which has the flow monitor knob with hose size selection. I knew this before ordering but wanted to point it out here.

Flex is slightly smaller and lighter (weight spec say different but this is my assessment by feel) than Festool CT 26 while offering bigger capacity (7 vs 9 gal).
correction: I failed to realize that Festool bag had been in use while no debris in flex. So flex is 5# heavier per published spec.

It is slightly lower in loudness.

From my unscientific test (lifting a weighted board) Flex is a hair less in suction, again opposite to what spec says. Per spec flex has 158 CFM compared to Festool‘s 137 CFM. I used Festool hose on both units.

It comes with 32mm antistatic hose 1.5’ longer than Festool’s 11.5’. Hose big end is same as Festool so interchangeable. AFAIK, Festool std hose is not antistatic. CPO video must shows the newer model as this one did not come with a plug for the hose hole. This plug is attached to the unit with a metal chain. Not really sure what the purpose is for this plug. If it is to discharge static, not sure how useful it is because it is removed to plug in the hose.

Hose small end has 3 steps and the largest fits my Festool tools. Appears you can cut these steps off if desired. There are other adapters available.

The auto clean function is loud and shakes the whole unit. It can be turned off in both auto (plugged tool activated) and ON mode. It is not bothersome but it certainly catches your attention if not expecting or unfamiliar. Hopefully, it does what it is suppose to.

The power cord is thinner compared to Festool not sure about gauge, did not check. The tool outlet is always hot and can be used as an extension cord. I did not check this on Festool.

Liquid pickup capacity is 4.5gal with a max level sensor.

It is a good design, considering 1/3 the cost of Festool. There is a mechanism to secure hose and power cord. The top can be fitted with LBOXX with optional adapters. The HEPA filter is washable and is in a separate outside compartment, not requiring the lifting of the top like Festool. There is an additional mesh filter for motor. The bags are $26 for a 5 pack. There is a diff bag (presumably cheaper) for coarse pickup. Came with one bag of each kind. 1 yr warranty.

Hope this helps. It is ideal for someone on the fence due to cost of Festool. Ct26 is $730 and this regularly $500 unit is on clearance for $240. I assume clearance is due to new model arrival. I have not found a bad review not that I have looked at all of them.

I like the larger hose dia compared to Festool hose that came with CT. festool hose alone is likely half the cost of this vac. I wanted a 2nd unit so it will do the job.
(11-25-2019, 09:57 AM)dog2bert Wrote: The flex vacuum is on sales for $249.99.

Could someone explain the benefits of these small and expensive shop vacs?  I have a Ridgid shop vac set up with a Dust Deputy and flex hose and it seems to do everything I could expect of it.  It's a little less noisy than my dust collector, so not whisper quite, but I think I spent around $100 on it.

Sorry for the naive question, but what am I missing?  I don't doubt there are benefits, I just don't know what they are or how they could justify an additional $650.  Thanks.
The higher end vacs have a hepa filter and a disposable bag.
Both of these help reduce the amount of dust that gets exhuasted from the shop vac back into the air.
The festool vac has a plug on it.. you plug your sander into the vac, the vac comes on when the sander comes on (although
this broke on my festool vac)
Is it worth the price difference? I can't say. Those are the only real differences that I know of.. mabye someone else can chime in..

Oh and thank you dog2bert for sharing this sale.
Got it today. Received it in only 1 day.

Works perfectly with my Festool tools.
(11-25-2019, 02:42 PM)Bach1750 Wrote: Could someone explain the benefits of these small and expensive shop vacs?  I have a Ridgid shop vac set up with a Dust Deputy and flex hose and it seems to do everything I could expect of it.  It's a little less noisy than my dust collector, so not whisper quite, but I think I spent around $100 on it.

Sorry for the naive question, but what am I missing?  I don't doubt there are benefits, I just don't know what they are or how they could justify an additional $650.  Thanks.
I've owned a Fein Turbo II for 20+ years I guess. At the time I bought it, there were no quiet vacs from Shop Vac, Ridgid etc. they were all screamers. Today I'm not sure what I'd do.
(11-26-2019, 03:49 PM)dog2bert Wrote: Got it today. Received it in only 1 day.

Works perfectly with my Festool tools.

Is it relatively quiet?
(11-30-2019, 11:18 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: Is it relatively quiet?

Yes