Cherry Cabinet Doors
(11-27-2019, 10:12 AM)WoodCzech Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure.  We purchased a cherry dresser about 10 years ago at which time all 6 drawers matched in lighter color.  Over time 5 drawers darkened a bit more than the 6th and so far it hasn't caught up.  It sure stands out.

If that drawer front board was near sapwood, it will most likely never match in color.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2019, 01:23 PM)Woodchukker Wrote: I am planning some kitchen cabinets made with cherry wood.   I plan to make frame and panel doors with the panels being flat and not raised.  My question is if there are any reasons for not using cherry veneered plywood for the flat panels?  Will the cherry plywood have the same look (color) as the cherry wood I plan to use for the frames?  I plan to finish using a clear satin Arm-R-Seal.  I can make the panels out of hardwood but would like to save time.

Also, in a case like this is there any reason not to glue the plywood panel to the frame?  I know not to glue hardwood panels to the frame but don't see how plywood panels would be a problem.

Often cherry is stained , apparently you want the natural look of cherry. I would take a sample piece of the plywood and the cherry wood and place them in a sunny spot for a day.  Next day the two samples will have darkened somewhat, then you can tell if they will look the same.
If the look you see is acceptable then place your stock in in a sunny spot. Make sure there isn't any thing on the stock while it is in the sun.
I was hanging cherry doors on a job where the doors were stacked flat and in the sun. The top door had blotches from a sheet of paper ,coffee cups , and a tool belt. My boss thought the door was ruined. I told him to check on the door in a few days. I leaned the door against a wall where the sun hit it most of the day. Took 4 days til the door had an even tone throughout.
Glue is fine ,I would glue about  1" or so at the bottom of the panel. That's enough to keep the panel centered.
Cherry MDF is what I prefer for the panels. 
mike
That is exactly how I built my kitchen cabinets and they came out great. Panels and frames match in terms of color. Panels are glued into frames, frames put together with stub tenons. Kitchen is nearly 20 years old: no regrets.

(11-26-2019, 01:23 PM)Woodchukker Wrote: I am planning some kitchen cabinets made with cherry wood.   I plan to make frame and panel doors with the panels being flat and not raised.  My question is if there are any reasons for not using cherry veneered plywood for the flat panels?  Will the cherry plywood have the same look (color) as the cherry wood I plan to use for the frames?  I plan to finish using a clear satin Arm-R-Seal.  I can make the panels out of hardwood but would like to save time.

Also, in a case like this is there any reason not to glue the plywood panel to the frame?  I know not to glue hardwood panels to the frame but don't see how plywood panels would be a problem.