Wood sources DFW
I have been out of woodworking for over 10 years and it looks like all of the hardwood suppliers that I used to use are out of business.

What companies around DFW sell hardwoods and hardwood ply?

Also what is oak or ash going for these days?

Thanks
McKinney Hardwood. Mike Masten. He just got a new shipment. Great guy and fair prices.
Gary
(12-01-2019, 06:07 PM)GDay Wrote: McKinney Hardwood. Mike Masten. He just got a new shipment. Great guy and fair prices.
Gary
Thanks!
Hardwood Lumber Co of Dallas on Goodnight Street
Central Hardwoods on Northwest Hwy
Wood World near TI

The fellow at Hardwood Lumber will bring the stack of lumber to the front and let you pick and choose.
Central gives a much better price but you do not get to pick.
Wood World has less stock but a wide range of exotics.

There are a few "reclaimed" lumber suppliers also.  I'll send those later, gotta get fer now!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I was able to pick all the maple and walnut for my roubo bench at Central.  Maybe it was a slow day.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I'm back.
For reclaimed lumber, I have used Old Texas Wood in Dallas; in Fort Worth I really enjoyed Legacy Timber.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Mike Mastin, mckinney hardwood lumber = he's a good one
Hardwood lumber co of Dallas = also good
(12-02-2019, 03:22 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Mike Mastin, mckinney hardwood lumber = he's a good one
Hardwood lumber co of Dallas = also good

Thanks very much for all of the responses.
In the Ft Worth area I've bought from www.barneyrobinsonhardwoods.com

There's also www.plywoodcompany.com but I haven't made it to them, yet as they're a bit farther north.
There is also Sweeney Hardwood in North Fort Worth. I have bought from both them and Barney Robinson.

http://www.sweeneyhardwoods.com/