Right bevel or left bevel for carving axe?
Right hand right side.  since you are holding the wood with the left hand then the inside face is the left side and the or flat side.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hold the axe with the hand having the most fingers. A stick gripped securely can support the work piece. Also, keep the sharpest side of the carving tool to the waste side. If you have trouble knowing which side to chop, use a mirror. Most importantly, never put the wood in your lap while chopping....
Smirk
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(03-21-2021, 07:43 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Hold the axe with the hand having the most fingers. A stick gripped securely can support the work piece. Also, keep the sharpest side of the carving tool to the waste side. If you have trouble knowing which side to chop, use a mirror. Most importantly, never put the wood in your lap while chopping....
Smirk

After trying to read and understand the directions on a recent chinese tool purchase your instructions are pleasantly clear to me.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!