Woodworking as a hobby -- is it dying out?
Edwin,

You sound old.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-20-2019, 02:08 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Not so much a fashion accessory as they are people that work

Are you insinuating that every pickup out there is used for work? If so, clearly you do not live in Arizona... where it's like Jeeps.. 98% of them never do what they were made for.
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
(12-15-2019, 10:36 AM)mstens Wrote: I've never been sure how a work truck became a fashion accessory. 

It's too bad most of those who own them for that, can't park them.

Actual "work trucks" pretty bare bones. IMO, trucks are the best vehicle out there because they serve multiple purposes.

75% of the time it's hauling groceries and going to soccer games. 25% of the time it's hauling gear, dead animals and wood.

As far as parking... yeah, a crew cab with a 6-8' box doesn't turn well enough to get into parking spaces. If the people used their head and parked away from everyone else, that's be great.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(12-20-2019, 08:00 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Edwin, you sound old.

Maybe, but I can't stop the clock from ticking. My grand daughter told me that the end-grain cutting board that I made for her and her mom was truly spectacular. That's still music to my ears. She hasn't been warped by a cell phone or addicted to one yet. So, she was fascinated by my hobby.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
My two girls, and their dad, are on their phones all the time.

We all also love woodworking.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-20-2019, 05:52 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My two girls, and their dad, are on their phones all the time.

Man, I'm fascinated by woodworking, so I was hoping that meant I couldn't have been warped by my cell phone. I'm in Texas, so if my phone doesn't warp me, the humidity probably will.
(12-20-2019, 05:52 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: My two girls, and their dad, are on their phones all the time.

All the time? So, you run a table saw and talk or text on the cell at the same time. Gasp!
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
Edwin, my overly broad generalization made fun of yours.

That's all.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-20-2019, 07:46 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: All the time? So, you run a table saw and talk or text on the cell at the same time. Gasp!

Is it ok to send a texty text while the auto-feeder is pulling a board through? I'm asking for a friend.
(12-20-2019, 07:46 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: All the time? So, you run a table saw and talk or text on the cell at the same time. Gasp!

Apple iPushStick
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin