Passage Door Build Along
The door is done.  I installed it yesterday and finishing fiddling with the bottom seal today.  The glass is just a piece of window glass.  I'll replace it with the insulated glass unit from my front door after it gets replaced next spring.  The insulated glass panel has a leaded center panel so it shouldn't feel so large and vulnerable as the the clear window glass makes me feel.  

Poor light for photos, but here it is.  

[Image: qW6mTXIVh_S1TfEwY6OMj4JmGYYaed5AIwSGdAzB...70-h626-no]

John
Really looks great from here.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Update:

I designed this door to accept the lead glass unit that was in my old front door.  The clear glass shown in the photos above was just a stop gap until I got it built and installed.  Now that the new door is in place I removed the glass unit from the old door and installed it in this door.  Thought you might like to see how it looks now.  

[Image: L8xLTBNso5trl7HJ2885zGx-D6yZE8HGGErG7yDC...53-h626-no]

John
Very nice, as usual!

Doug
That door looks amazing and to salvage the leaded glass from the other door is a great idea because it is really nice. One day I hope to do this with my house.
“Ann: Do you exercise?

Ron: Yes. Lovemaking and woodworking.”
Beautiful door BUT. In Wisconsin the door between home and atached garage have to be fire rated. A lot of home fires originate in the garage. I would think your code is probably similar. I doubt if you are doing anything that will require an inspection, but even though beautiful it is not safe. Please rethink this.
(03-06-2020, 06:09 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Beautiful door BUT. In Wisconsin  the door between home and  atached garage have to be fire rated. A lot of home fires originate in the garage. I would think your code is probably similar. I doubt if you are doing anything that will require an inspection, but even though beautiful it is not safe. Please rethink this.

Thanks; I'm aware of the current code for new home construction.  This is not a new home.  When I bought the house, built in 1961, the original door was a paneled door with a piece of single pane glass in the top third.  Clearly a fire rated door was not required, nor was a retrofit required when I bought the house in 1981.  Building codes change for new home construction, and for good reason, but I have no qualms about this.  If there is a fire in the garage the heat detector that's part of my security system will detect it and, hopefully, the fire department will come in time to put it out before it spreads too far.  

Thank you for your concern.  

John