Homegrown Spindle Sander Sleeves
I thought about PVC but I want something closer to 2.5 diameter. Oh wait. as I post this I realize 2” is the ID, OD is larger. that might work.

You can also wrap duct tape around the pipe to get to the exact diameter you need. Just remember to wrap the correct way!
VH07V  
Thanks for all the ideas, this may not get done for a while. I have 3 weeks off and am spending as much of the time as I can in my shop. However I’m learning that it is much easier to work in an organized space. That’s not my natural inclination so I’m trying to split the time about 50/50 between lathe projects and organizing/cleaning, For instance polishing an acrylic pen goes much faster when the pads aren’t on the floor in the sawdust and the card with the order they go in is tacked to the wall so that i can see it.

I still haven’t figured out storage yet for the wave sanding pads.

(12-14-2019, 06:10 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Thanks for all the ideas, this may not get done for a while.  I have 3 weeks off and am spending as much of the time as I can in my shop.  However I’m learning that it is  much easier to work in an organized space.  That’s not my natural inclination so I’m trying to split the time about 50/50 between lathe projects and organizing/cleaning,  For instance polishing an acrylic pen goes much faster when the pads aren’t on the floor in the sawdust and the card with the order they go in is tacked to the wall so that i can see it.  

I still haven’t figured out storage yet for the wave sanding pads.

Off the main topic but take a sharpie and mark the pads. I just wrote the grit right on the face of the pad. Quicker and easier than finding the card all the time.
Somewhere in my arsenal, I have a drill chuck I modified to fit the wood lathe and use the rubber expanding sanding drums made for the drill press.
Something to look into.