Kitchen island question
(12-10-2019, 09:12 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: I would screw down a couple pieces of 2x4 blocking.  Use construction adheasive and two concrete screws per piece.  The glue will do the bulk of the holding and the screws just give it time to cure.  Then, attach the base cabinets to the wood blocks.

+1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-11-2019, 03:20 PM)Cooler Wrote: You would not want power cords coming down over your lap so that would exclude putting it on the seating side.

Just a thought... I could see having an outlet or two with USB ports on the seating side for convenience.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(12-12-2019, 10:50 AM)CLETUS Wrote: Just a thought... I could see having an outlet or two with USB ports on the seating side for convenience.

That's something I wish I had thought to do.  My boys like to sit in the seats at the island, but I didn't think to put power there.  So they stretch a cord along the length of the island.  Kind of annoying, but not worth the trouble to add a receptacle now.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Not widely known but any island longer than 8 feet has to have a kegerator in order to meet code.
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-12-2019, 04:18 PM)Cooler Wrote: Not widely known but any island longer than 8 feet has to have a kegerator in order to meet code.
Big Grin

Gad. I thought it was 95" by code.
Uhoh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-12-2019, 04:18 PM)Cooler Wrote: Not widely known but any island longer than 8 feet has to have a kegerator in order to meet code.
Big Grin

Does it have to be a kegarator or will a wine fridge do?
Big Grin

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) lives in the same house, and she wouldn't hear of it, so my installation is code compliant.  

I shoulda proposed a dedicated wine cooler instead of the useless trash compactor.  That would have been "acceptable to the AHJ", as the NEC likes to mention.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(12-13-2019, 12:00 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: Does it have to be a kegarator or will a wine fridge do?

Neither will meet code. It has to have a wiskey section with a fridge to hold coke and to keep granite cubes cold Wine and beer are for amateurs.