Stanley Block Plane .... Which ... one ...
(01-20-2020, 12:34 PM)hbmcc Wrote: I think the LV pixies want me to keep the Dx60. I just filed a "Where is my #65 Block Plane Request" through the Bay. I am pretty sure I was screwed intentionally. On the 25th will ask eBay to enter the dispute. And contact VISA. I have 30 days to file with them. 

Then, no more eBay.

The dealer contacted me, and we agreed to refund the cost. Just got an eBay notice that funds will transfer in the next few days. I will sigh with relief when the funds are in my bank.

D^^n pixies. I really don't want the Dx60, so I will simply return it. It doesn't feel right, but mostly, just too expensive. I'm done with d'a Bay so will watch for a #65 in the S&S.....
Might have a spare 60-1/2....
Winkgrin 

Since I do have a pair of these.....
Rolleyes and, they just get in the way...
Rolleyes

Somedays...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-21-2020, 11:09 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Might have a spare 60-1/2....
Winkgrin 

Since I do have a pair of these.....
Rolleyes and, they just get in the way...
Rolleyes

Somedays...

Thanks for the offer, Steve. My hand needs more to grip than the 60-1/2. I have a post in S&S for a #65.
(01-22-2020, 01:25 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Thanks for the offer, Steve. My hand needs more to grip than the 60-1/2. I have a post in S&S for a #65.

I have not been following this thread for a while, but I assume that you are aware that the Lee Valley LA Block plane is the same size/width as the #65? Not to mention that it will have a better blade and be capable of fitting assessories.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(01-23-2020, 12:53 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: I have not been following this thread for a while, but I assume that you are aware that the Lee Valley LA Block plane is the same size/width as the #65?

I think he is looking for grip length, as the DX60 is 7" long, as is the #65, but the LA Block is 6 1/2".  My hands are about average size so I don't have this issue.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-23-2020, 09:18 AM)Admiral Wrote: I think he is looking for grip length, as the DX60 is 7" long, as is the #65, but the LA Block is 6 1/2".  My hands are about average size so I don't have this issue.

The last time I tried to augment my Heinz 57, and improve the grip, I fell into the same pit I am in now. Arthritis is just worse now, along with the bad shoulder. I think the only resolution for this conundrum is to have a table of every block plane type made and do the touchy feely.

I am throwing my arms up in exasperation, now.

I will try to do some demonstration images, that you experts can actually look at, study, and pass recommendations on.
I finally tracked down a #57, not the Mutant Heinz 57 version I have. It's one with the slab of iron and the lock-down twisty lever. 

It definitely moves the palm support forward which is what I thought was the existing problem. Helps a bit and the open cap, as opposed to the ball joint is not the fiend I thought. I am good with the addition! It is a backup that I was most concerned with NOT having should my go-to break. I will clean it up and use two hands to plane!

Thanks to everyone who suffered to help me even though I was terrible at explaining  my needs. I owe you, as long as it ain't money. I have no rich relatives to shower me and mine with inheritances. You are welcome to come over for some great chili with a killer kick and flaming backdraft.
Maybe look into a Stanley No. 9-3/4?    The one with the wood knob handle on the heel....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that