Bath medicene cabinet light
I have this light which has 3 20 ampĀ  Halogen bulbs for light above a medicine cabinet and what happens is that it will shut off and then after a short period of time it will come back on. Does anyone know what could be going on with this and is it something that is not safe ? I should also say the bulb housing gets pretty hot and am wondering if this is normal for a Halogen light? Thanks Stan
Confused
I have to amend my post as the bulbs are not 20amp halogen, they are 10amp Zenon, and yes I found that they do get pretty hot. Thanks StanĀ 
Confused
The fixture is getting hot and the thermal switch is opening up when it gets too hot. It might be getting too hot but I have rarely run into that. Usually the thermal switch is bad in the fixture and tripping at too low of a temperature. Sometimes you can get away with replacing them with LED bulbs but I have seen some so bad that they still trip intermittently.
I'm sure you meant 10 watts, not 10 amps.
Yes and Thank You. Stan
Smile