I need some cutting help
(12-31-2019, 08:59 AM)Pirate Wrote: Arlin. Surely you have a scrap of wood to make a 0 clearance insert.

I have a built in splitter on the grizzly G0690 and the splitter will raise up the end of the wood before the insert is fully cut.

Simon

I have a 1954 MDF RAS I am almost done rebuilding but no other miter saw. 

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the help here and in Turning that what I did was zeroing out the Wixley on the table then making sure the blade was zeroed out a 90* and never thought of zeroing it out there and taking it to 30* which it will do.
I have not been out in the shop for the last several weeks so when I do I will redo everything.

Thank everyone for their advise and help.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-07-2020, 02:37 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I have a built in splitter on the grizzly G0690 and the splitter will raise up the end of the wood before the insert is fully cut.

Simon

I have a 1954 MDF RAS I am almost done rebuilding but no other miter saw. 

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the help here and in Turning that what I did was zeroing out the Wixley on the table then making sure the blade was zeroed out a 90* and never thought of zeroing it out there and taking it to 30* which it will do.
I have not been out in the shop for the last several weeks so when I do I will redo everything.

Thank everyone for their advise and help.
Yes
Yes

Arlin, take the splitter/guard off while you make that first cut. Clamp stock over the insert (being careful to not clamp where the blade will hit the clamp)  to hold the insert down. Then put it the guard back on.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-09-2020, 09:47 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Arlin, take the splitter/guard off while you make that first cut. Clamp stock over the insert (being careful to not clamp where the blade will hit the clamp)  to hold the insert down. Then put it the guard back on.

Dah. 
Slap
Slap  Why did I not think of that easy thing.
Raised
Raised
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.