DW 735 planer won't adjust
I have had a Dewalt 735 for about ten years and it has become increasing hard to adjust. It has gotten so bad that I actually broke the hub in the adjusting wheel from trying to force it. No rust on the screw-column things and I have cleaned any sawdust or shavings from the sprockets. I kind of wonder if the chain has jumped the teeth on the sprockets and the four screws are out of time with each other. 
Any advice would be appreciated.
I also thought I had a "timing" issue.  My dust hood was cracked so I got a lot of chip build up and adjusting was very difficult until I cleaned out the whole area.  It took me a while though to realize I had to blow out and clean around each screw column.  The chips were very tightly compressed and clogging the works.

If you have broken the handle, then that sounds more serious than clogging.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(12-17-2019, 09:42 AM)nosoup4u Wrote: I have had a Dewalt 735 for about ten years and it has become increasing hard to adjust. It has gotten so bad that I actually broke the hub in the adjusting wheel from trying to force it. No rust on the screw-column things and I have cleaned any sawdust or shavings from the sprockets. I kind of wonder if the chain has jumped the teeth on the sprockets and the four screws are out of time with each other. 
Any advice would be appreciated.

I believe you have found the answer, the chain jumped the teeth. I have a Jet molder /planer that had the  same problem. The four sprockets were clean but the chain jumped one or more sprockets. I do not recall how I fixed it, happened 15+ years ago. I do recall that it was a fast and easy fix and has not happened again. Check your manual for help. I would look for a small flat bar that should be above each sprocket, the bar is usually slotted for adjustments. This keeps the chain from jumping the sprocket. The chain has a lot of slack, needed to work properly. You may have to loosen and raise the bar to get the chain on. Then tighten the bar when it almost touches the chain. All 4 sprockets should be checked.
The hub needs to either be fixed? probably Acetal or another plastic. You may have to buy another or improvise. 
Any thing that can be bored with a setscrew for a hub will work. Maybe the handle can be attached to a new hub? If not bore a hole for a 1/4" round 3" or so long. If you  Loctite the round it should hold. I would try to use the old handle part some way if possible. Easier to turn then the 1/4" round previously suggested.
mike