Boxes
Two really sharp looking boxes!
Really an inspiration to try boxes again. I can make a large cabinet and be happy with that, but smaller boxes always vex me.
Beautiful boxes. Thanks for the inspiration. I love when members share their projects and give the details on wood selection and construction techniques.
John
Great boxes.

It's been over a year and I need to attempt building them again.  I was so disappointed with my last few. The boxes themselves looked fine but then I got frustrated while adding the (big box store) hinges. Next time I'll know better. Either pay for more for good ones or do without hinges at all and just make them with lift off tops.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(12-21-2019, 08:35 AM)Terry W Wrote: Great boxes.

It's been over a year and I  need to attempt building them again.  I was so disappointed with my last few. The boxes themselves looked fine but then I got frustrated while adding the (big box store) hinges. Next time I'll know better. Either pay for more for good ones or do without hinges at all and just make them with lift off tops.

Good hinges at $30 a pair encourage me to have alternate designs like these where the hinge is just a brass rod into the lid  or to have a lift off lid like the previous two I did.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
One I did 10 or years ago

Big leaf maple & bloodwood, with BLO

Bob
Well, you know how we are out here in the West. Cowboys, Indians and Whores. That's about it.     MontainWood 1 / 28 / 14
Beautiful workmanship 
Yes
I love small wood boxes!

Cool
Cool
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery