New old projects :)
Started a couple of projects a few years ago before life went south on vacation. Sort of.
SOooooo, finally started to gain on things a bit.
Worked on finishing those presses I designed/ had parts made for etc.. Slowly creeping up on the Disston shape and size I was looking for. If nothing else, I have decided the slotted brass back is indeed superior to the folded brass back. Steel folded vs. brass folded is a different story with respect to rigidity and spring force. Trying different steels/ metals as well. 304, 316, 4130, brass etc.. [url=[Image: 49248907821_0b3ededc06.jpg]
Just one of those curiosity projects that needed to be finished.
Smile
Next, I had a thought of tilting my saw vise to make filing slope easier. I don't use slope much at all, but..... So I looked at one vise I had that had a one direction slope feature and went from there.
[url=[Image: 49248907916_795f1c6791.jpg]
[url=[Image: 49248907686_e476d1a3a6.jpg][url=[Image: 49249116857_2652d836a9.jpg]
[url=[Image: 49248907721_83375c7f1e.jpg]
It was just one of those OCD things.
Smile
By the way; if anyone is looking to have a new vise handle made or a set of these brackets for their acme vise... I know a retired machinist that is pretty darn reasonable and does good work.
BontzSawWorks.net
Nice work!

I do find myself curious about sloped gullets.... I think it's been a few years since they were discussed on this forum.   I haven't tried them, but if I had to guess, maybe my miter-box saw would be the first candidate to benefit (?).   Enlightening comments are welcome!
Chris
(12-21-2019, 11:19 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: Nice work!

I do find myself curious about sloped gullets.... I think it's been a few years since they were discussed on this forum.   I haven't tried them, but if I had to guess, maybe my miter-box saw would be the first candidate to benefit (?).   Enlightening comments are welcome!

Sloped gullets won't do much good for a miter box unless you are cutting green wood. Mostly for ripping and those green or wet, (treated) woods. ACME no set saws would benefit as well.
Best wishes.
BontzSawWorks.net