Charles Neil passed away 12/21/'19
As seen on Lumber Jocks web site:

"I am very sad to write that Charles Neil passed away earlier this evening. Charles had been battling an infection and Sepsis for over eight months. As many of you saw on his weekly show, Charles lost over 100 pounds since last May. About four weeks ago other complications cropped up and he took a turn for the worse. He always had a very positive attitude and was in the shop up to just last week.

"Charles was a gifted woodworker and exceptional wood finisher. He is best known for his stunning tiger maple furniture pieces. He would always be going up into Pennsylvania and down to the Carolina’s searching for that exceptional piece of wood. I, however, remember him for his amazing inventiveness. I would often say to him, 'How do you come up with these things?' I have never seen someone come up with so many unique and clever solutions to a woodworking problem. In addition, he was one of the first woodworkers to take advantage of Youtube and publishing DVDs. His many Youtube and Woodcraft videos led him into creating a weekly woodworking show that was videoed, editing and hosted all in-house. The last formal show posted was number 470 and with the many informal shows there are over 500 shows created and posted online. I also remember the many hours he spent tinkering in his finishing room to come up with his Pre-color (blotch) control.

"Charles was an inspiration to many, many woodworkers. He loved to teach whether it was via his videos, the classes he hosted in his shop or just by inviting people over to work on a project. There were always people ‘dropping in’ because they were in the area or made a little side trip to meet Charles in person.

"I am not sure of what plans are being made by the family at this time. I’ll let you know more as I learn more. We are still going ahead with the shop tool and wood sale on the 28th & 29th of December to help raise money for the family. Hopefully we will see some of you there."

https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/307348#reply-5257867
RIP Charles.
Condolences to the family.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Sorry to hear this.  He did a lot to further our craft and seemed like a good decent guy.  My condolences to his family.

Lonnie
Sad to hear this. I enjoy his videos and learn a lot from them. Prayers for Charles and his family.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
That is sad to hear. I don't know him, but he did me a lot of favors by posting his expertise.
(12-23-2019, 02:35 PM)Alan S Wrote: That is sad to hear.  I don't know him, but he did me a lot of favors by posting his expertise.

I am saddened to hear this.  I met him over a decade ago while I still lived in Maryland.  You are not likely to ever meet a nicer, more generous person than Charles.  Ken
I always enjoyed his videos. Sad to hear this news.
My condolences to his family. I am terribly sorry to learn of his passing. I have watched two of his video series which were excellent and added to my understanding and skill.
May he Rest in Peace.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]