clean sweep by Incra
Has anyone here tried or bought the clean sweep by Incra?    How does it preform for you?  Does ti do what you want it to?  I wont be able to use their mag plates so will reduse performance or not?
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
I made my own below-table router DC box from plywood about 10-12 years ago.

One of the smartest things I ever did.

Just a 1/2" BB plywood box.  I made some cleats that work sort of as a drawer slide to hold it in place, but can count on two fingers the number of times I've needed to remove it.
I've got one, used it for a few months, then decided to build a cabinet under the router table. Would be happy to let it go at a reasonable price, but the shipping would not be cheap due to the size (wouldn't gain much by disassembling...and it was a surprising number of screws as i recall!!) Worked quite well while i used it.
earl
I'm with Phil. I built a simple box from scrap 1/2 and 3/4 ply I had on hand. Drilled a small hole for the power cord and a 4" for DC.

Used 90* steel L brackets to attach it.

Works great.
Semper fi,
Brad

Here's mine. Super simple.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(12-24-2019, 09:39 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm with Phil.  I built a simple box from scrap 1/2 and 3/4 ply I had on hand.  Drilled a small hole for the power cord and a 4" for DC.

Used 90* steel L brackets to attach it.

Works great.

I understand your thoughts and appreciate your pics, thank you
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
(12-27-2019, 09:14 PM)captjack Wrote: I understand your thoughts and appreciate your pics, thank you

Incra, actually has plans on its' web site for it. https://www.incrementaltools.com/Free_Pl...tm#cabinet I bought the Rockler Dust Bucket recently.  I still have to install it though. I went with the Incra Lift from Rockler, and purchased the Incra magnetic clean sweep inserts for my new Router table I am building. Have fun. Dan
Oops. It's been a while, so I forgot. I used those little "figure-8" connector things to attach the box to the table because I had them on hand, not L-brackets. Looking at the images reminded me.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-29-2019, 11:26 PM)rudedan60 Wrote: Incra, actually has plans on its' web site for it. https://www.incrementaltools.com/Free_Pl...tm#cabinet I bought the Rockler Dust Bucket recently.  I still have to install it though. I went with the Incra Lift from Rockler, and purchased the Incra magnetic clean sweep inserts for my new Router table I am building. Have fun. Dan

thanks Dan,

I have the woodpeckers lift which has an aluminum plate so the incra mag inverts wont work.  I will have to use the twist lock inserts I have.  Seems also the  Incra clean sweep will not work with shop vacs so I may be our of luck all round, not enough air flow and suction , same for rockler.

Thanks
(12-23-2019, 05:26 PM)captjack Wrote: Has anyone here tried or bought the clean sweep by Incra?    How does it preform for you?  Does ti do what you want it to?  I wont be able to use their mag plates so will reduse performance or not?

Not sure if you are talking about the box which provides below table dust collection or the metal inserts with holes on the router plate.  They both work FANTASTIC.  You will not need any above table collection.  I have an INCRA based router lift which accepts the metal plates and a ROCKLER dust bucket.  Replaced the front panel of dust bucket to accept 6" hose and provided additional venting in bucket.  NO DUST!