Gifts from Secret Santa - 2019
(12-27-2019, 12:19 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hope mine come in soon.
Yes

Did It??
(01-02-2020, 10:14 PM)Big Dave Wrote: It doesn't appear that this year's Secret Santa had very many participants...
Sad

There were 9 participants this year.  

For all those who considered participating but chose not to, there is always next year.  

It is a lot of fun, the detective work isn't too hard, and besides Santa will give what Santa decides to give.
This was my first year running the Secret Santa, the learning curve wasn't too bad and I intend to start it earlier next year to allow more time for participants to have more fun.

Happy New Year to all of Woodnet!!
Santa's Elves
I received my SS gift Saturday and I must have been a very naughty boy since I only got a rock. 
Crazy

Well it was kind of like a rock and not coal since my SS ordered it from Lie-Neilson and was only a Ohishi Waterstone (3,000-10,000 grit).
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Yep since I started carving classes 4 weeks ago and only been to two of them since Christmas and New Year fell on Wednesday which is carving class day.

I have been wondering how I was going to sharpen my carving tools and POW this came in the mail so no more worries or having to think about what to get.

I want to thank my SS Don who was in the hospital for a while and still got this for me.  I really hope and pray you are doing better buddy. 
Yes
Yes

Sorry no photos since I still have not bought a camera yet nor on my Honeys to do list for a while either.
Crazy  But there is a photo on Lie-Nielsons page
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-25-2019, 10:02 AM)digger Wrote: I am so grateful for my gifts. A beautiful marking knife, and a Veritas Router Plane. Don't know how Santa knew but I've been
wanting a router plane for a long time. Very generous of you. Thanks so much ! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Haven't been on here yet to say thank you to my SS. I got a Wixey digital angle gauge that is the been knees. I love it. Sorry, no pictures and sorry it took me so long to get on here and post a thank you. 

Thanks to the elves and everyone who participated this year. Don't tell my wife, but Woodnet SS is always my most looked forward to Christmas gift. Looking forward to next year already and encourage more people to participate.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas anyway. I've just been too busy this year, and it almost didn't feel like Christmas, not giving or receiving the WoodNet Secret Santa gifts. Still perked me up after being off of the site for several months - to come back and find the tradition did continue, even if on a small scale this year.

Here's hoping it booms again in 2020!