first try at punky burl bowl
Me personally I would not use CA on any of it during turning nor for finish.  Others have suggested before and I have done as well is put an oil or shellac on the inside and it will help in the tearing out of the wood.

There are very sharp scrappers like what Robo Hippy sells and I have both sizes he gave me and then do an excellent job and I use them a lot for shear scrapping as well since they hold a bur along time.  I have to make sure the bur is not to big or it will hog off a lot of wood and not tiny shavings.

Most of my shear scrapping is done with my 5/8" bowl gouge almost vertical to the wood but on the outside and only sometimes in large space inside.  Power sanding helps a lot to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Someday I'd like to turn something like that...

If it turns out anything like yours, I'll extremely happy! 
Winkgrin

Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(12-25-2019, 07:43 PM)stillgotten Wrote: First Bowl!?! Looks great.
My first bowl, one short month ago, went straight from the lathe and into the fireplace where it belonged.

I've made several "special gifts" for people that don't know what they are looking at!
Now where is that chisel