Racine Tool and Machine bandsaw
(12-27-2019, 07:34 PM)2beast Wrote: I had sworn I was done buying bandsaws and this one showed up a few miles from me.
Racine Tool and Machinery 14" saw.

Hope to go through it soon and get it into my shop.
It was just too cool to pass up!

First bandsaw I used was a Racine. Looked like yours too. I was 11 years old then. I wasn't cutting anything in particular, just scrap to learn how to use power tools. I stood on a milk crate and was watched closely by grandpops partner. They used to make hand screws ,mostly for school shops. 
Grandpop made the metal parts, screws and ferules .  Joe made the wood blocks and turned the handles. Both were retired and this was extra money for them. 
mike
Is that the original motor mount, or did someone add it?  Back when it was built, even a low hp motor would have been relatively large, so it doesn't seem likely it's original, but I don't know.

Edit: I take it back. Here's a few with a typical large motor on what looks to be the original motor mount. The second and third have relatively small, modern motors, though.

[Image: 36907-A.jpg]

[Image: 18006-A.jpg]

[Image: 27821-A.jpg]
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
She's a beauty. Thanks for posting that; you gave me a smile to start the day.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(03-02-2020, 08:08 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Is that the original motor mount, or did someone add it?  Back when it was built, even a low hp motor would have been relatively large, so it doesn't seem likely it's original, but I don't know.

Edit:  I take it back.  Here's a few with a typical large motor on what looks to be the original motor mount.  The second and third have relatively small, modern motors, though.

[Image: 36907-A.jpg]

[Image: 18006-A.jpg]

[Image: 27821-A.jpg]

[Image: 1abd1dc0-209f-426c-b4a4-1de2257fb554-A00999.jpg]

Look in the back right of the photo and you will see the saw. Take on October 23rd 1930 at the Boeing plant in British Columbia.

They are spec'd for 1/4 HP motors. In the picture above it appears to be a repulsion induction Westinghouse motor. 1/4 HP looks about that size (like 1/3-1/2 HP for todays Capacitor start motors).
(03-02-2020, 06:06 PM)diver7967 Wrote: [Image: 1abd1dc0-209f-426c-b4a4-1de2257fb554-A00999.jpg]

Look in the back right of the photo and you will see the saw. Take on October 23rd 1930 at the Boeing plant in British Columbia.

They are spec'd for 1/4 HP motors. In the picture above it appears to be a repulsion induction Westinghouse motor. 1/4 HP looks about that size (like 1/3-1/2 HP for todays Capacitor start motors).

Thanks for the photo of an old machine shop.  That was back before CNC.
Yes   Old school stuff there and that bandsaw was used for cutting metal which is pretty neat back then.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yeah If it has the gearbox in the back, it reduces the speed something around 12:1 for cutting metal.
I will try to get some more pics of mine this week 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery