Kukri with stand
I had fun with this one. The mosaic pins are 5/16 brass tubing, 1/4" square aluminum tubing with brass, copper and steel rod stock. The woods are stabilized spalted maple burl, quilted sapele and figured Honduran rosewood. Nickel silver sheet stock for the spacers. Needed better lighting for good photos. The sapele is very chatoyant. Stand is curly BLM and African blackwood.

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Really nice.  I like everything about it.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nice work! Inquisitive - how long does one of those take to make?

Doug
Not including the time waiting for the epoxy to set at each stage it took maybe 14 hours, including the time to make the mosaic pins but excluding the time selecting the wood, over the course of a few weeks. There is a lot of hand sanding after the gross shaping on the combo sander to get the finger saddles right.
Love it! Love edged weapons.
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(12-28-2019, 01:34 PM)SteveS Wrote: Not including the time waiting for the epoxy to set at each stage it took maybe 14 hours, including the time to make the mosaic pins but excluding the time selecting the wood, over the course of a few weeks. There is a lot of hand sanding after the gross shaping on the combo sander to get the finger saddles right.

Nice work...did you also make the blade????
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(12-30-2019, 09:15 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ........................
Nice work...did you also make the blade????

Nope. I have enough crap in the shop without adding a forge, kiln, etc. I get blades from Texas knife or knifekits
Beautiful work Steve!
Beautiful.  What is it that is keeping the handle together?  Is it just epoxy or are there mechanical fasteners holding the different woods and the spacers, etc all together?
That's a very good looking knife.  
Smile