Wago Wire Connectors
(12-29-2019, 08:43 AM)Roly Wrote: I have not used the lever type but had no problems with the push in type.   After stripping to the correct length push in and then attempt to pull out. Always try to pull out each wire you inserted.   They take up less room in the back of the box than wire nuts.  As always use these with the range of wire sizes they were designed for.  Roly

Can they be removed with a wiggle or stout pull and twist?
Bill
(12-29-2019, 01:18 PM)Bill Bob Wrote:  Can they be removed with a wiggle or stout pull and twist?
Bill

If you pull hard enough with a back and forth twisting motion they can come out,I don't see how in normal use.  I was trying to get them to come out on purpose.  By the same token I have seen more than one wire come out of a wire nut connection.   Roly
I used the lever type in a box that didn't have much room.  They were a blessing.  They are much easier and foolproof than wire nuts for me.
Who makes the lever type?

Ed
Wago. Google “Wago lever nuts.”
(12-29-2019, 11:26 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Wago. Google “Wago lever nuts.”

+1  But beware, there are clones out there that are not UL listed.  I deliberately bought some that splice wires together (Wago does not make them themselves) but for use in my car and other lower than household voltage uses.  My only complaint about the Wago's lever nuts is that they do not have a 4 wire LN.  They skip over 4 and go from 3 to 5.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
(12-28-2019, 11:52 PM)meackerman Wrote: I had an Ideal one in our barn that blew out...like burned itself up.  Dunno what caused it, wife started complaining that the center aisle lights weren't working.  Traced it back to the connector... blacked wire, toasted connector.  Replaced it with a wire nut.

Interesting.  There was someone on Youtube who tested the Wago push nuts and I believe they were able to withstand twice the rated amps.  Not sure if the Ideal ones were tested.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
I'll betcha most connectors can withstand over amperage, at least for a while. Wire expands and contracts from heat with a load on it, particularly solid wire. Aside from corrosion, thermal expansion probably accounts for most connections going bad. The spring tension on these connectors looks a lot more substantial than the little ones in the back of receptacles.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(12-29-2019, 10:52 PM)EdL Wrote: Who makes the lever type?

Ed

I got these.   Wago (25) 221-412 (25) 221-413 (25) 221-415 Lever-Nut Assortment Pack
(12-30-2019, 08:16 AM)pprobus Wrote: Interesting.  There was someone on Youtube who tested the Wago push nuts and I believe they were able to withstand twice the rated amps.  Not sure if the Ideal ones were tested.

not a great picture of it.  You can see the blackened wire off to the right.  Could totally have been something the installer (me) did wrong.  The red wire nut is for a different set of wires.

the box its in is overstuffed with wiring from the previous owner(s).  The entire barn needs rewired.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark