Emmert's Pattern Makers Vice - Pic heavy
I have an Emmerts Pattern Makers vice for sale.  This is a turtle back model 28 I believe.  It appears to me to have a patent date of 1801.  It sure looks like a 0 instead of a 9 to me.

I know little about these except for what I read on the internet.

It would seem to need some TLC but it does work in going in and out and pivoting on the hinge.  From what I have seen on YouTube it appears there may be a bracket missing for the tilt feature.

On Ebay, it looks like they go any where from $500 to $900.

Asking $500 from the woodnet community.

The thing is darn heavy (85 pounds or so) so I would think shipping would be expensive but I am willing to ship if the buyer pays for shipping and a crate.

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-29-2019, 02:43 PM)iublue Wrote: I have an Emmerts Pattern Makers vice for sale.  This is a turtle back model 28 I believe.  It appears to me to have a patent date of 1801.  It sure looks like a 0 instead of a 9 to me.

I know little about these except for what I read on the internet.

It would seem to need some TLC but it does work in going in and out and pivoting on the hinge.  From what I have seen on YouTube it appears there may be a bracket missing for the tilt feature.

On Ebay, it looks like they go any where from $500 to $900.

Asking $500 from the woodnet community.

The thing is darn heavy (85 pounds or so) so I would think shipping would be expensive but I am willing to ship if the buyer pays for shipping and a crate.

I am sorry but I forgot that my location is no longer listed.

I am in north central Indiana, near Kokomo.
(12-30-2019, 10:08 PM)iublue Wrote: I am sorry but I forgot that my location is no longer listed.

I am in north central Indiana, near Kokomo.

No interest??

Best offer??
One last bump.

Any interest?  Any offer?

Lowering the price to $400.
A thousand views and no interest???

Price???

Condition???
Location for me. +17
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

(01-18-2020, 12:39 PM)paarker Wrote: Location for me. +17

Well, I was told by another member that $500 was a good price for it so now that it is at $400, I would think that it would cost a $100 to get it shipped to you!!  
Big Grin
(01-20-2020, 07:33 AM)iublue Wrote: Well, I was told by another member that $500 was a good price for it so now that it is at $400, I would think that it would cost a $100 to get it shipped to you!!  
Big Grin

Are parts missing?????? I don't see the "tilt" mechanism. And the handle looks like it has been replaced with pipe??
Confused
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-20-2020, 11:14 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...................
Are parts missing?????? I don't see the "tilt" mechanism. And the handle looks like it has been replaced with pipe??
Confused

Jack, in the first post the OP did say the tilt bracket is missing, but that's easy to fabricate.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-20-2020, 01:07 PM)Admiral Wrote: Jack, in the first post the OP did say the tilt bracket is missing, but that's easy to fabricate.
Ahhh...OK thanks Rich...
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset