BAND SAw blade recommendsation
At the risk of opening a whole can of worms I'll add my two cents on the Woodslicer.  It cuts great - until it doesn't, and that happened in less than 25 feet of 10" maple on my 14" Delta with riser.  What the ….  Never have I seen a blade dull so quickly.  I put an Olson MVP on and finished cutting the maple with no issues.  

The comment about a 3/8" blade cutting better than a 1/2" one could be very true, especially if the saw has a wimpy spring as many 14" Deltas and clones do.  I have an Iturra spring on mine and that still only gives you about 12K psi on a 1/2" blade, but that cuts better for me than a 3/8" one in thick stock.  (The spring is capable of maybe 15K psi but the frame will bend so much that the upper guides go out of alignment.) On 6" stock, however, like the OP is asking about, a 3/8" x 4 tpi blade may be a very good choice if the spring in his saw can't put much tension on a 1/2" blade.  It's not that a 3/8" blade has less resistance than a 1/2" it's because the spring will be able to apply 1/3 more tension to it.  FWIW, I have a 3/8" x 4 typi blade on my saw most of the time and it works fine for resawing stock up to 6" thick.  

Carbide blades like the Resaw King are amazing in how fast and smoothly they cut.  I would use one for cutting exotics, otherwise, it seems awfully expensive for resawing 6" stock.  

John
(01-03-2020, 09:22 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I've never used a 1/8" blade of any kind. 

When I bought a Laguna 18" bandsaw, Laguna threw in a 1" Resaw King blade to sweeten the deal. It is a game changer. It's carbide tipped with a relatively thin kerf and it leaves a better surface than the Wood Slicer. It can be resharpened professionally, but in 7 or 8 years of moderate use, mine is still cutting like a new blade. If you're cutting veneer, this is the blade to have. The downside is that it is really expensive.

(01-03-2020, 10:35 AM)jteneyck Wrote: At the risk of opening a whole can of worms I'll add my two cents on the Woodslicer.  It cuts great - until it doesn't, and that happened in less than 25 feet of 10" maple on my 14" Delta with riser.  What the ….  Never have I seen a blade dull so quickly.  I put an Olson MVP on and finished cutting the maple with no issues.  

Carbide blades like the Resaw King are amazing in how fast and smoothly they cut.  I would use one for cutting exotics, otherwise, it seems awfully expensive for resawing 6" stock.  

John

Thanks! for the review of the WoodSlicer.
Thought I was missing out on something.....

I use an 1/8" blade a lot.  It runs very well in the
Laguna mini phenolic guides.  I leave them on and run
3/16 and 1/4 blades, too.  For the smaller blades I  think
it works much better than the ceramic guides.  I do most of
my stuff w/3/16.  W/the mini guides can turn a pretty tight corner.

As far as the expense for a Resaw King.....once you bite the bullet and just do it....
every time you need to do stuff...veneer...cut up some hard wood
for a board.....mill raw wood.....it is just so nice.  For me,  it's
worth every penny knowing when I want to cut anything....it will do it.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(01-03-2020, 07:31 AM)justdraftn Wrote: Do you ever use a 1/8" blade from Wood Slicer?
Have you ever used a Laguna Resaw King blade?
How would it compare to the Wood Slicer?

I have not used the 1/8" blade.
I have not used the Laguna Resaw King blade, my Delta 14" will not sufficently tension a 3/4" blade.
I don't resaw that much so wood slicer is a good choice for me.