Dust collector for Bosch 1611
Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for the router to hook up to a vacuum for dust control? Google isn't much help in specifying what fits.
This is for use outside of a table
Thanks

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
(01-02-2020, 09:11 PM)scpapa Wrote: Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for the router to hook up to a vacuum for dust control? Google isn't much help in specifying what fits.
Thanks

Rick

I am no help but I am interested if you get any responses.  I have the exact same problem with my DW 3 1/4 HP router, my Triton 2 1/4 HP router and my DW flush trim router. Other than possibly my sliding mitre saw, nothing makes more of a mess than my routers - in the table or not.  Good luck.
Both my Freud and my Milwaukee came with vac hook ups, and neither one worked worth a chit. They were similar to this Oneida setup except they didn't have the extension on the bottom of the plate. So you could try this, or make a shop built one. One comment about the Oneida plate, it appeared on the market about 18 months or so after a cyber friend of mine had his shop built version published in Wood magazine. Anyway, I think trying to collect dust from a router is just not going to work well with these type of pickups.....but if you find  something that does I'd sure like to have one.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
scpapa - what's the base of your 1611 look like ?

If you have the bone stock one with the square opening your OEM options are pretty much nil.

If you have one of the adapters that allow for PC style template guides, then that should have the necessary screws for you to use Bosch's RA1177AT hoods or it's predecessor.

I have them and they work ok, but I would just order the Oneida Fred linked and be done with it .  Those shrouds install much faster than the screw on Bosch ones.
Here's what I've done to control the mess, not the most attractive solution but it is functional. Raided LOML's tupperware vault for an appropriate sized bowl. Used a couple hole saws to make access for the router and shop vac. Used this setup to cut 1/8" roundovers on six 7' long ash boards all 4 sides. When working an edge it works best to have 2 boards parallel to each other. The second board acts as a fence to contain the chips. Though not the most glamorous solution, using this method collected the vast majority of chips.

I have done a similar setup plunge routing mortises. Not quite as effective but still far superior to filling the shop with tiny chips.

Hope this helps,

g

Attached Files Image(s)

I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(01-02-2020, 09:11 PM)scpapa Wrote: Does anyone know where I can get an adapter for the router to hook up to a vacuum for dust control? Google isn't much help in specifying what fits.
Thanks

Rick

I tried a method similar to the one with a Tupperware enclosure. It contained the dust but I couldn't see what I was routing. 
I had a job where I needed to make fluted columns for a college library. 9 columns flutes on 4 sides, 24 pilasters with one full side and two 1/2 sides per pilaster. Lots of flutes, lot more dust. I tried various things but the only method that worked was a large cardboard box clamped to a pair of saw horses at the end of the table. A box fan with cheap furnace filter was behind the box.  I made a manifold to hold a lever valve hooked up to a compressor. This consisted of three lever valves with threaded hose connectors that shot air down the flutes and into the box. This contained about 80% of the dust and a Jet air scrubber on a table also helped. I tried one valve at first, did not get enough of the dust.
I realize that this method is not practical for the home shop, but worked for me , for this particular job.

mike