dryer vent
  Re: dryer vent by carwashguy (I have to move the c...)
Code says 1 hanger per interval. Rentals should be to code. I didn't look it up but I remember it. Not sure what an interval is... maybe a single length of duct?
Really everything should be to code.

Home inspectors have Dust Collector arguments too. But it's about flexible plastic dryer exhaust hoses vs. flexible metal ones. And Flapper discharge vents vs. Screened vents. Also the Lambro vents. Most will call out the lambro vents as 3 90 degree bends (15 ft loss).

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections
  Re: RE: dryer vent by Snipe Hunter (Code says 1 hanger p...)
(01-14-2020, 11:26 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Code says 1 hanger per interval. Rentals should be to code. I didn't look it up but I remember it. Not sure what an interval is... maybe a single length of duct?
Really everything should be to code.

Home inspectors have Dust Collector arguments too. But it's about flexible plastic dryer exhaust hoses vs. flexible metal ones. And Flapper discharge vents vs. Screened vents. Also the Lambro vents. Most will call out the lambro vents as 3 90 degree bends (15 ft loss).
I found this (local regulations might be tighter):  https://www.nachi.org/dryer-vent-safety.htm

M1502.4.2 Duct installation.
Exhaust ducts shall be supported at intervals not to exceed 12 feet and shall be secured in place. The insert end of the duct shall extend into the adjoining duct or fitting in the direction of airflow. Exhaust duct joints shall be sealed in accordance with Section M1601.4.1 and shall be mechanically fastened. Ducts shall not be joined with screws or similar fasteners that protrude more than 1/8-inch into the inside of the duct.

My installation has the dryer directly under a window through which the vent is run.  The total length of the run is about 5 feet and includes two (2) 90 degree bends. 

It is attached rigidly at the rear of the dryer and to the vent pass through.  There is only about 5 feet of straight tube.  Reading the above regulation does not tell me clearly if a bracket is required for such a short length of vent.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
  Re: dryer vent by carwashguy (I have to move the c...)
Here's the thing. I'm a member if NACHI. It's a home inspectors association, not a code inspection organization. Great resource. Nobody really cares on a short run as long as the exhaust duct isn't crushed, the vent isn't clogged or has a screen of any kind over it. As long as it's working, not too long, too many elbows and not causing any harm, its fine.

When I check them, I look for those things and suspect most guys do the same. Usually they're hung with coat hangers or nothing at all.

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections