" Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter"
Okay guys I'll show you a few photos of making this piece. First I did not count how many pieces are in it and I do not keep track of time while working, I started working on the body in November   but did not work the piece weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas. This piece is segmented in sections the neck & body I'll show a better photo. The spout was turned and drilled w/ 3/8 th drill bit first, this is the longest piece I can drill on my lathe. then the curve was cut w/ miter saw and reassembled then shaped smooth. after that I drilled more out on a drill press. The body is two bowls and a center segmented ring that was drilled for the neck & spout then each was matched up to fit the curves and glued w/ epoxy. The top & hing are separate pieces and the handle was seven 1/8" strips of walnut steam bent and glued back together.

Here's a few photos
Oh...so it's not functional? 

<grin>

Truly Wood pron no doubt about it!
(01-08-2020, 10:31 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Oh...so it's not functional? 

<grin>

Truly Wood pron no doubt about it!

It could be used to hold and poor liquid how ever I  doubt I'll ever put any inside. I still need to seal the inside w/ something most likely sanding sealer.
Very impressive! Love the shapes and the added flourishes with the carving and intarsia.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Neeet-O!
VH07V  
Thanks Allan and Eightfingers.