Making toy wheels versus buying?
(01-09-2020, 08:59 AM)Robin Dobbie Wrote: Is it that you're in the shop, or just that you're out of the house? 
Winkgrin

Actually we discussed that.  Her dad, who I never got to meet but have some of his tools in my shop, used his basement shop as a hideaway.  My wife wanted to assure me that she was thrilled I was back in the shop with a purpose and that it had nothing to do with me being out from underfoot.  She did say if I ever started sorting screws into paper packets it would become a concern.  (I have boxes of sorted screws from her dad in paper packets.) I wish I had known her Dad, we probably would have had some great times in our shops.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
(01-10-2020, 07:56 AM)stoppy Wrote: Her dad, who I never got to meet but have some of his tools in my shop, used his basement shop as a hideaway. 

Ha ha, this brought back fond memories of my father.  He was no craftsman by any means, and not much of a mechanic if truth be told, but he managed to fix things in a fashion enough to make them work out of necessity as money was tight when I was growing up.  The house is a rental now, and from time to time I'm still correcting some of his carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs, some of which were scary, but they got the job done.  Anyway, he did have a basement shop of sorts, and after my grandmother came to live with them (she was in her '80s, sharp as a tack, with a similarly sharp tongue, for some reason a very bitter woman) in less than 6 months he started spending more and more time in the basement since grandma couldn't navigate the stairs into the basement.  To the point that he installed a potbelly stove and a recliner down there! 

Thanks for bringing this memory back.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I made trucks and trailers some years back. I started making the wheels, then saw the nice, grooved, treaded dual and single wheels that were available.
I started buying them and continued until I quit making the trucks.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020