Need some Cork for carving tools
We need about 40 - 60 of them so we can put the carving chisels into them to protect the sharp ends.

Can pay shipping Thanks  Just PM me for address
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-09-2020, 10:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: We need about 40 - 60 of them so we can put the carving chisels into them to protect the sharp ends.

If y'all don't drink wine (I'm guessing you don't), check the local restaurant(s) that serve wine and ask if they could save the corks for you. Just a thought.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Thanks Bill in handtools said the same thing and I will call a few places to see who serves it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(01-09-2020, 10:30 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: We need about 40 - 60 of them so we can put the carving chisels into them to protect the sharp ends.

I've been using scraps of rigid foam insulation.  Works great!

[Image: 49363837938_df7bd5c442_c.jpg]
(01-10-2020, 06:28 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: I've been using scraps of rigid foam insulation.  Works great!

[Image: 49363837938_df7bd5c442_c.jpg]

Thanks Mike.  How firmly do they hold the blade?

They hold very well.

I make sure to put them on the tool in the same orientation each time. That way I'm not cutting a second slot in the foam.

I imagine the same rule applies to cork as well.

Mike
(01-11-2020, 02:17 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: They hold very well.

I make sure to put them on the tool in the same orientation each time.  That way I'm not cutting a second slot in the foam.  

I imagine the same rule applies to cork as well.

Mike

Too many knives to worry about
Crazy  
Big Grin

[Image: fullsizeoutput-ad7.jpg]

[Image: fullsizeoutput-ad6.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-12-2020, 11:02 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..........................
Too many knives to worry about
Crazy  
Big Grin

That's impressive.  You would need a full sheet of rigid foam to make sheaths for all those tools!  
Laugh
Laugh
[attachment=22879]