Flammable safety cabinet for finishes
  Re: RE: Flammable safety cabinet for finishes by professore (With respect to exti...)
(01-14-2020, 03:03 PM)professore Wrote: With respect to extinguishers - there are arguments to not keep in the shop, or keep it next to the exit.  Better to use the extinguisher to fight your way in than to use it to fight your way out.

Frank S in IA

Yeah, that was sort of my thinking in putting one by the exterior door (I've got a walk-out basement) and at the stairs.  I actually have several more, as there was a recall of Kidde extinguishers, and by mistake they sent me 8 new ones instead of just 4.  I offered to send 4 back if they would pay shipping and they said just keep them.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
  Re: Flammable safety cabinet for finishes by davco (Flammable safety cab...)
Several years ago American Woodworker magazine published a plan to build your own flammable storage cabinet out of 1" plywood.

I believe the plans are still available from Popular woodworking, but I haven't looked in a while. I built a smaller version of this for my shop that's held up pretty well over the last 9 or 10 years...

Two pennies worth.
Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."