Greene and Greene Wall Cabinet
(01-17-2020, 10:39 PM)GeeDub Wrote: This is a shot of the typical exagerrated fingers and ebony plugs of the Greene and Greene style.

I do some pre-finishing on many pieces.  Any time it will make things easier during the final finishing process  I do not hesitate to do this.

Here is the roughed out blank for the pull and a shot of it mostly shaped.  It is a sapele saddle with a cocobolo pull.

I use strips of masonite as spacers to install the back panels.

They are tacked top and bottom to allow for movement.

Here is the pull installed.

And the finished piece.

The finish is an oil/varnish blend with no colorants.

Very, very nice work. I love the G&G style - made some picture frames and boxes - next is a larger piece. Not sure what yet, but your post has motivated me. Thanks for posting the process as well as the pics.
The sooner you get behind schedule, the more time you have to make it up.
Fantastic work! I'm planning to begin a nearly identical project this weekend. A retirement gift for a USCG pilot friend of mine. It will be a whiskey cabinet and I''m planning to try out the G&G stained glass style as well.
Any chance you would be willing to share your sketchup file?
I was wondering what happened to you. Thanks for the great answer. I am a huge fan of anything that holds music CDs! While G&G is not at all my kind of style, fantastic craftsmanship, execution, and proportions. Not to mention purpose. 
Cool

I hope that came across as the compliment I meant it to be. Thanks for posting.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Great resurrection. I missed the original.
This is beautiful work!!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Lovely work - very nicely done and a great technique presentation! Reminds me of our trips to the Gamble House in Pasadena; what a treat.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug