Help! I HATE painting!
I've been using PPG's Breakthrough! 250 VOC.  It is a paint that dries hard and fast.  I can re-coat in 20 minutes and install and use in 3 - 4 hours.  I have had better results with no primer (PPG says it is not required).  You definitely do not want to go over Sealcoat or a primer with  shellac in it.  The shellac causes it to craze.

I've used it for bathroom cabinets.  I plan on using it for my kitchen cabinets.

But do not use the low VOC "50".  It is not recommended for cabinets.  You need the 250 VOC for that.  It is getting hard to find.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
So this is how it ended up using GF milk paint. Bought a new sprayer which worked fine until finishing the table top. The first two coats of GF top coat I used a foam brush, but decided to spray a third and final coat. 

BTW, sorry, couldn't figure out how to turn the picture.

What I ended up with was weird dark flecks of something. And it was clean when I sprayed so it was something to do with the sprayer I assume.

The only thing I know to do is take my ROS with 220 grit paper and lightly go over until they are gone, then top coat again. Any better ideas?
Paul
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
Hard to say just what those are but looks like something was airborn and landed in the paint.

If the gun is a "bleeder" type and always venting, it is pretty easy to accidentally stir up dust and stuff by loosing track of where the gun is pointed. My turbine uses a bleeder gun and I've learned that it is important to clean off the surrounding horizontal surfaces BEFORE I start spraying.

(rotated for your pleasure)

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin