Table legs repair
Arlin Asked Me what I was working on
Thought I would show you.

If your going to save a family heirloom don't place it in a gravel floor garage in the Midwest for 30 years.

moister an termites will love it
At least there was enough of one foot left to get some measurements, and see what it was suppose to look like.

The swelling of the wood also affected one of the legs, So I needed to add two pieces to fill in the blanks.

On the feet I left a 1" x 1-1/2" long dowel,  drilled a 1" hole into the leg and glued
The feet are 4-1/2" wide.

All Ready for stripping and refinishing, The owner will do this themselves.

I would have striped it first .

Should be a nice looking table when finished

Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Nice save.
Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

With the first picture I was going to say your turning skills went down hill.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-18-2020, 04:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: With the first picture I was going to say your turning skills went down hill.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Looks good to me.  Kind of reminds me of a repair job I did a while back, new feet for a pool table.  Turning is fun, haven't done a lot in the past but hope to do more in the future.

Attached Files Image(s)