Console Table
Amazing color out of that poplar! I bet you spent some time selecting just the right board. I see a lot of different uses for the skew on the youtubes. I need to get on that bandwagon too.
Benny

WOW factor for sure nice work
(01-24-2020, 08:35 AM)bennybmn Wrote: Amazing color out of that poplar! I bet you spent some time selecting just the right board. I see a lot of different uses for the skew on the youtubes. I need to get on that bandwagon too.

Thanks all!

I went through my stash of wide poplar to find one that would give a balanced look to the grain.  I had to match their kitchen table and those were poplar boards too.  Otherwise I probably would have went with walnut.

The GF gel stain works really good with poplar.  Just as soon as I put it on, I'm wiping it off for an even color.  I don't let it sit for more than minute.  That stuff dries quick and is a pain to wipe off it dries too quick.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV