Two electrical questions
I'll show it when it arrives!

Another question, now.

I think I know the answer, but just being cautious:

Looking at the wiring diagram for this blower, wiring it to only run on high, am I correct in choosing BLACK and YELLOW?

I run both of them to my switch, and then the ground in the chord to the grounding point on the motor?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(01-21-2020, 03:13 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I do need the C designation but am not wedded to *this* motor.  I may just hunt for a proper AC motor.

There are lots of DC motor controllers for sale.  Your motor needs 3 amps at 90 volts and that's not a lot.  Many DC controllers are a simple box with a 120volt AC plug on one end and a place to hook up the two motor wires usually inside the box.  These controllers can allow you to vary the motor's speed with a twist of a knob.  They're great for drill presses and small wood lathes.  I've had two drill presses that I've put DC motors on.  Really nice.
Bob,

Are these permanent magnet motors or generated field motors that you used?

My motor needs two sources of DC power; one to feed the field generator, and one to feed the motor. I'm not currently looking at the motor, but I think there are six (maybe 8?) wires inside the box for the two circuits.
Semper fi,
Brad

Take the DC motor to a motor shop, preferably one that is 40+ years old with some old codgers working in it.

You might still get some help/service from a "big" motor shop, but you need to bring cash and offer to pay whatever they ask.

Just be prepared. The old motor shops are scarce today.
Another vote for a DC motor on a drill press.

If you plan to use your DP for metal it is, as
far as I am concerned, essential to be able to
dial down the speed.

Most drill presses sold are equipped with motors
far too fast for metal work.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me